Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm glad I came to firearmstalk.com, I tried another place first. This thread and the posts helped me. The different voices and opinions help. AgentTiki certainly takes the cake on this subject. I tried firingline first, less overall help on my threads compared to here. But on this subject, they had another ace named The Long Shot. Anyway, I got 2 smiths and a noveke out of 1 LGS. Ideally I'da made one of those smiths a red devil, but I hads to go somewhere else and hit w/ more fees. It's kinda funny that I bought pretty much what Quentin described. I know this is a delayed thank you to all, but havent been disrtacted w/ other lately. I'm thinlking soon, my next thread will be what uppers to get. Hopefully I can move all your attention to that. I'm thinking of doing one for accuracy, and another for spitting bullets.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 730 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Well no doubt the S&Ws and a Noveske are excellent lowers to start builds on. As far as uppers it depends on your budget and what you want to build. Very hard to beat BCM if you want a fighting rifle. PSA gives you almost the same thing for less money. There are other great choices too if you want to spend more, Daniel Defense for one. I have DD, BCM and PSA uppers and am pleased with each one.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Hearing DD being called.. kinda wake me up.