Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Are AR prices going to get crazy again ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I just have this terrible gut feeling that Obama is going to stay in office and to me thats going to be a whole lot of bad things in the near future . He is not going to get my vote !!!!
Agree 1000%.

The RINOs are so completely, dramtically out of touch with the people, they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Especially with the candidates they are offering up.

I have not heard any one of the RINO candidates stand up and say they will rescind the 86 ban or 89 ban or GCA of 68 or NFA of 34; any one of which could definately cause me be to a single-issue voter in their favor.

As it is; its the economy.

The Republicans fail to realize that we're not ALL Kardashian or C-level rich - and that we actually WANT to see the Kardashians and C-levels pay their fair share of taxes accordingly.
By refusing to spread our tax pain to those who's wealth can afford it, they are disolving the middle-class and middle-class support, and forcing us towards the - you guessed it; predominatelly Democratic-voting - underclass.

By fielding their Mitt - who has an anti-gun pedigree from Mass. - they stand a good case of backlash with the "better the devil I know" attitude.

Anyway - buy an "imported" EBR FIRST as they will certainly be the FIRST to be banned. Preferably with as many EVIL features as possible; bayo lugs, folding stock, flashhider. Recall that these were the features banned in 89 with the implementation of 922.
Any imported EBR; CIA WASR, Arsenal-converted SAIGA, any EBRs built from imported parts on USA rcvrs - Polski undefolders, Yugos. These foreign parts are already drying up.

Don't get caught without like those of us who failed to score PolyTech Legends for $300.00 back then...

Save your AR bucks for your later purchases. ARs are ironically built in many anti-2A, democraptic states. Their ban will cost democratic jobs and votes - which the Libs will not want to lose. So - the ARs are safe for some time after Obummer gets re-elected.

Last edited by nfafan; 01-10-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #12

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
...Anyway - buy an "imported" EBR FIRST as they will certainly be the FIRST to be banned. Preferably with as many EVIL features as possible; bayo lugs, folding stock, flashhider. Recall that these were the features banned in 89 with the implementation of 922.
Any imported EBR; CIA WASR, Arsenal-converted SAIGA, any EBRs built from imported parts on USA rcvrs - Polski undefolders, Yugos. These foreign parts are already drying up.

Don't get caught without like those of us who failed to score PolyTech Legends for $300.00 back then...

Save your AR bucks for your later purchases. ARs are ironically built in many anti-2A, democraptic states. Their ban will cost democratic jobs and votes - which the Libs will not want to lose. So - the ARs are safe for some time after Obummer gets re-elected.
Good points! The imports will dry up fast if the "sporting gun" imports law is dicked with anymore. And that could be done by executive order. Look how the government hijacked importation of our own M1 Garands from Korea, it wasn't done in Congress, the State Dept was able to derail that one.

And you're right about ARs being built in many "ban" states. My three lower receivers are from Illinois (ArmaLite), MA (S&W) and CA (Valkyrie). And we can't forget Colt in CT and Bushmaster in NY!

Interestingly enough I bought my S&W stripped lower just a few hours before Sen Ted Kennedy of Mass. died! No doubt he rolled in his grave knowing S&W was such a big player in an industry he dedicated his life to destroying.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 01-10-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Spoke to a friend in the AR manufacturing business this week and he is advising that business is starting to pick up again. He believes due to political climate. We need to think about the fact that if O gets back in again I expect and all out attack on our Second Amendment Rights. And Hillery's NATO Small Arms Treaty project!
Everyone just needs to vote. If it is for the lessor evil then so be it!
I still wish Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf and Oliver North were running! Or maybe Mickey Mouse or better yet! "Maxwell" that is on the New Geico commercial! WEE WEE!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #14

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Yeah Sniper, we always seem to have a lot of wee-wees running for office. More so this time!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Ron Paul has been the only one so far that has specifically said he opposes the assault weapons ban and the whole sporting use category... He is probably going to get my vote in the primary.. Then it will be ABO in the final election..