Are AR prices going to get crazy again ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Are AR prices going to get crazy again ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default Are AR prices going to get crazy again ?

I just have this terrible gut feeling that Obama is going to stay in office and to me thats going to be a whole lot of bad things in the near future . He is not going to get my vote !!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

It's very possible. Even without him in office, people are uncertain about things and feel unsecure.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

If he gets in office again u can bet that the assault weapons ban will be back in effect. He has Clinton by his side so they will work something out to screw us all over.. Won't effect me and everyone else in nys cuz we have the Clinton assault weapons laws as our state laws... It really sucks.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
If he gets in office again u can bet that the assault weapons ban will be back in effect. He has Clinton by his side so they will work something out to screw us all over.. Won't effect me and everyone else in nys cuz we have the Clinton assault weapons laws as our state laws... It really sucks.
Ditto MDs gun laws suck.

Never Forget.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 AM   #5

I don't foresee anything like that happening again. Probably not for a while anyways. Bans and restrictions are not conducive to making the economy stronger. Whoever is elected better focus on turning this Country around and not cripple it anymore than it already is.

Join The NRA!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #6

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

I don't think prices will skyrocket so quickly this election if our resident is re-elected because it looks like the House and Senate may be Republican this time. Last election we had Obama and a Democratic Congress which was scary to gun owners thus the panic buying and empty gun cases. What he could do is appoint more Supreme Court justices which would be bad for us.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

In four years when Hillary is elected then prices will soar. If the next guy is a big screw up, she will be the one, and then we are all screwed.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #8

In one word ...yes

Old 01-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #9

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I ask this question because a family member asked me the same thing , he bought when they sky rocketed last time , $1000+ for a bushmaster 16" carbine M4A , not the carbon 15 , when things got crazy last time . He was looking to purchase again before it happens and he pays the premium price again .

Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #10

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I ask this question because a family member asked me the same thing , he bought when they sky rocketed last time , $1000+ for a bushmaster 16" carbine M4A , not the carbon 15 , when things got crazy last time . He was looking to purchase again before it happens and he pays the premium price again .
Well now is a good time, prices are better than ever for quality guns. Over the last year the price difference between "good enough" and what's really good is closer than I can remember. Fantastic prices that won't last. No doubt prices will go up and inventory will go down as the election approaches so if your family member wants to buy I'd do it now.

After the election, who really knows. The only thing certain is right now prices are good and there's lots of ammo on the shelf. And that's important too - you know what they say about ammo: Buy it cheap and stack it deep!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.