Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Are AR prices going to get crazy again ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-prices-going-get-crazy-again-55155/)

purehavoc 01-10-2012 01:55 AM

Are AR prices going to get crazy again ?

I just have this terrible gut feeling that Obama is going to stay in office and to me thats going to be a whole lot of bad things in the near future . He is not going to get my vote !!!!

spittinfire 01-10-2012 02:30 AM

It's very possible. Even without him in office, people are uncertain about things and feel unsecure.

hockeyjr1 01-10-2012 02:43 AM

If he gets in office again u can bet that the assault weapons ban will be back in effect. He has Clinton by his side so they will work something out to screw us all over.. Won't effect me and everyone else in nys cuz we have the Clinton assault weapons laws as our state laws... It really sucks.

1stMarine 01-10-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
If he gets in office again u can bet that the assault weapons ban will be back in effect. He has Clinton by his side so they will work something out to screw us all over.. Won't effect me and everyone else in nys cuz we have the Clinton assault weapons laws as our state laws... It really sucks.

Ditto MDs gun laws suck.

Never Forget.

jwsturr 01-10-2012 03:39 AM

I don't foresee anything like that happening again. Probably not for a while anyways. Bans and restrictions are not conducive to making the economy stronger. Whoever is elected better focus on turning this Country around and not cripple it anymore than it already is.

Quentin 01-10-2012 06:05 AM

I don't think prices will skyrocket so quickly this election if our resident is re-elected because it looks like the House and Senate may be Republican this time. Last election we had Obama and a Democratic Congress which was scary to gun owners thus the panic buying and empty gun cases. What he could do is appoint more Supreme Court justices which would be bad for us.

theboarbuster 01-10-2012 02:11 PM

In four years when Hillary is elected then prices will soar. If the next guy is a big screw up, she will be the one, and then we are all screwed.

Mustang 01-10-2012 04:17 PM

In one word ...yes

purehavoc 01-10-2012 05:36 PM

I ask this question because a family member asked me the same thing , he bought when they sky rocketed last time , $1000+ for a bushmaster 16" carbine M4A , not the carbon 15 , when things got crazy last time . He was looking to purchase again before it happens and he pays the premium price again .

Quentin 01-10-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 673147)
I ask this question because a family member asked me the same thing , he bought when they sky rocketed last time , $1000+ for a bushmaster 16" carbine M4A , not the carbon 15 , when things got crazy last time . He was looking to purchase again before it happens and he pays the premium price again .

Well now is a good time, prices are better than ever for quality guns. Over the last year the price difference between "good enough" and what's really good is closer than I can remember. Fantastic prices that won't last. No doubt prices will go up and inventory will go down as the election approaches so if your family member wants to buy I'd do it now.

After the election, who really knows. The only thing certain is right now prices are good and there's lots of ammo on the shelf. And that's important too - you know what they say about ammo: Buy it cheap and stack it deep!