Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR Pistol (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-pistol-103749/)

OUDAN 02-07-2014 05:46 AM

AR Pistol
 
I am wanting to build my first AR pistol, just looked and Spikes is on a 8-12 mo back order. Any suggestions as to where I should maybe look for another quality option? Thank you in advance everyone!


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

DrFootball 02-07-2014 06:27 AM

AR Pistol build
 
Lots of options for the build your own or the "buy and Build out" set…Do your research on what you want..If you want a lot of fancy add ons you might wind up over paying….:mad:

TekGreg 02-07-2014 07:08 AM

Mine started as a DB-15 Diamondback. Affordable and you can simply add on or change as you go. The advantage is that these are at most suppliers right now for shipping. The hardest part of this pistol is getting a Kydex holster that fits properly...

sweeper22 02-07-2014 08:14 AM

How long of a barrel are you after?

I would recommend keeping an eye on PSA deals. Get on their email alert list. Similar quality to Spike's, but even easier on your wallet (and Spike's prices are generally quite good).

PSA products often offer Colt level ($1100 rifle) quality at DPMS ($700) pricing. At least that's my opinion. This PSA is a great deal, but maybe a little longer than you're after in the pistol format. Fine SBR choice though.

OUDAN 02-07-2014 01:04 PM

Thank you all for the very quick replies, I am wanting to get a lower first so I will keep my eye out for the PSA as you said. I will also check out the Diamondback but I believe I'd like a step up from that in the quality department unless they are getting better. I'm open to any other ideas as to a place to find a lower that isn't on back order keep the comments coming please!


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

TexasGunner 02-07-2014 01:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by OUDAN (Post 1500623)
Thank you all for the very quick replies, I am wanting to get a lower first so I will keep my eye out for the PSA as you said. I will also check out the Diamondback but I believe I'd like a step up from that in the quality department unless they are getting better. I'm open to any other ideas as to a place to find a lower that isn't on back order keep the comments coming please!



Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk


Are you wanting a completed one? Or are you capable of building? Because if you are open to the building route..... The possibilities are endless! Attachment 135530my 5.56 10 1/2" pistol build. I bought this upper completed from Hardened Arms.
Attachment 135531This is my 8" 300 BLK pistol that I built completely from parts. I like going this route better. Allows you to build to your own taste.


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

OUDAN 02-07-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGunner (Post 1500636)
Are you wanting a completed one? Or are you capable of building? Because if you are open to the building route..... The possibilities are endless! Attachment 135530my 5.56 10 1/2" pistol build. I bought this upper completed from Hardened Arms.
Attachment 135531This is my 8" 300 BLK pistol that I built completely from parts. I like going this route better. Allows you to build to your own taste.


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

WI have never built my own however from what I can tell it doesn't take a rocket scientist so I'm open to that at the most id prefer to buy a complete lower and upper and BCG and assembly them. Since you have built your own do you have any thoughts on a first timer building from the ground up. I am not a AR newb just new to building.





Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

TexasGunner 02-07-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUDAN (Post 1500643)
WI have never built my own however from what I can tell it doesn't take a rocket scientist so I'm open to that at the most id prefer to buy a complete lower and upper and BCG and assembly them. Since you have built your own do you have any thoughts on a first timer building from the ground up. I am not a AR newb just new to building.





Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

It was not long ago that I was a first timer. Before my first build I watched a youtube video and read a step by step build list from AR15.com. I found it to be really easy. Now if you put a box of parts in front of me, I will have a completed gun in about 30 minutes.

Questions to ask yourself if you plan on building......

Do you have 2 hands?
Did you grow up building things out of legos?
Do you have attention to detail?

And most importantly.....
Are you willing to possibly catch an incurable case of BRD (Black Rifle Disease)?:D

KG7IL 02-07-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUDAN (Post 1500623)
I'm open to any other ideas as to a place to find a lower that isn't on back order keep the comments coming please!

I live in AR country, and they are everywhere!

The store shelves and racks are full of uppers and lowers.

Try the links for info.

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/
http://MegaArms.com

Try this online site for in-stock (SAA lowers ARE made by AeroPrecision.)
http://aeroprecisionusa.com/

Point6liter 02-08-2014 01:21 AM

My lower, barrel, buffer tube, and a lot of other parts (not the upper) are from tactical weapons solutions www.twsarms.com they always have stuff in stock, great products, great customer service. Complete guns, lowers, uppers, barrels, and all types of other parts you would ever need.
http://i.imgur.com/LEvCiej.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.