AR picture thread - Page 98
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

AR picture thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #971
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Yep. I have the original TRX on the LWRC, the 300 BLK, and a Spikes that was sold off. I just mounted the Troy TRX Alpha last night. It mounts differently and to a stock barrel nut which is cool. The old ones take a proprietary nut which makes it rough for guys like me who like 14.5" barrels w/ pinned comps.

Don't forget the Samson Evolution or Rainiers version. They are super light and look good. The guy I've been shooting w/ put an 11" Evolution on his 12.5" Novesk barreled AR. It is one bad-ass AR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #972

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've got the 12.37" Samson Evo on my rifle and love it. I've held rifles that had the Troy, and couldn't tell a difference in weight or quality.

I personally went with the Samson because I prefer the looks. Rainier has one also that is made by Samson, basically the same thing, just looks a little different.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #973

I just looked at the Sampson. It looks great but I don't like the way it is tightened on the bottom near the upper receiver. I am sure it is fine and is more than adequate, just more of a cosmetics thing for me.

I am planning on getting another stripped upper and lower from PSA and taking my time. My buddy has a gun shop and is looking into laser etching the attached picture into the mag well of the lower. I am looking into barrels now as well. I figure if I drag it out long enough my wife will not get suspicious! I do want to get the lower ordered sooner than later to avoid any increases as we get closer to the election, especially if that whack job gets reelected!

Ryan...RLTW!
image-3330622114.jpg  

Mala Malis Facimus

Old 03-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #974

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime42283

MJ I do give you respect, but the flag worn on a uniform the union or canton as you refer to is to be closest to the heart. I was color guard for every unit I was in and had to learn the rules of the flag. So the union is to be closest to the heart no matter where it is placed on your uniform. if hanging east to west the union will be on the east side or top left. facing north to south the union will be towards the north side. If you place it on your porch with another flag the american flag will be to the left from the street. There is an SOP for the flag and how it is displayed.
If flown in front of you, such as on a rifle, the stripes are closer to your heart actually. But, the rules for flying a flag are old as dirt and they don't reference your heart. It works out the same though, assuming your body is even with said flag, like on a patch on your shoulder.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #975

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Nevermind, it wasn't directed toward me. Sublime misquoted me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-09-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 AM   #976

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

I'm not sure what service you were in sublime but being a color guard is a big honor especially in the Marines where I'm at. So, before I go on, congratulations. My hat's off to you. I was just never good enough at drill to get the honor and now I've been promoted too many times to do it...lol. Its a young mans game for sure.

That being said, I think you are confusing a small portion of the U.S. flag code with the SOP for the flags on military uniforms. The civilian community is allowed to wear flag lapel pins, representative of the American flag. The code instructs the wearer to wear it close to their heart (not designating any part of the flag closer than another). See 175.j below:

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html#181

The Army SOP, or actually regulation, that those patches are derived from is AR 670-1. It describes wearing the flag with the shield in a forward direction as if it were flowing in a breeze as a unit moves forward. See 28-18 para (2) below:

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r670_1.pdf

Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #977

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

well its sort of an AR i do have about $1000 invested

Performance Center S&W M&P 15-22

AR picture thread - AR-15 Discussion

how it is as of today

Old 03-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #978
jg3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Added the xtm rails....attempted the camo effect with three colors.
image-4228121556.jpg   image-2185030825.jpg  

Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #979
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1193 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 1230

Nice M&P15-22, Nathan!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #980
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1193 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
took me a while but i found it......

Nice picture, AT, very handy. I grabbed a copy, thanks!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek