AR picture thread - Page 80
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR picture thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #791
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
I thought the multi cam was new? No?

EDIT:

Or were you just being a d..k?
I believe multi cam started showing up around 06' but wasn't sure.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #792

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I believe multi cam started showing up around 06' but wasn't sure.
You're probably right...I have a friend who is always talking about the "new" multi-cam...I'm not really a hunter much anymore, so I don't follow the Camo stuff anymore. That's where I got that it was new.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #793

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
You're probably right...I have a friend who is always talking about the "new" multi-cam...I'm not really a hunter much anymore, so I don't follow the Camo stuff anymore. That's where I got that it was new.
Multi Cam was made for the Army by Crye I believe. It is actually very functional. I'll find some pics.

Back to the pics.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #794

Quote:

Multi Cam was made for the Army by Crye I believe. It is actually very functional. I'll find some pics.

Back to the pics.
Man, how do you like that " BAD" lever...what kind of functionality advantage does it offer?

Old 01-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #795

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Man, how do you like that " BAD" lever...what kind of functionality advantage does it offer?
I have a BAD on all but the .22 and .300BLK. You might want to read up on it a little though, some don't like it very much.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 01-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Yeah...almost double. I'll try to find the receipts to see exactly how much more. But keep in mind, it came "factory" with a free float quad, Troy battlesights, med contour hammer forged bbl, magpul grip, and what was at the time the newest VLTOR E-mod buttstock. And I'm pretty sure everything meets or exceeds mil-spec, but don't hold me to that.

WAY more rifle than I hope to ever need, but hey...I really don't "need" an AR at all. But that ain't the point, either
Sounds like a great system. You have pics? And we NEED our AK's and AR's and all our other rifles and sidearms so we never "need" them at all.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessMarksman

Sounds like a great system. You have pics? And we NEED our AK's and AR's and all our other rifles and sidearms so we never "need" them at all.

image-1387018524.jpg

image-1378670599.jpg

image-1338545246.jpg

image-2488726327.jpg

image-1582765746.jpg

image-4091410466.jpg

And you are right...I DO need them

Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #798

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Nice rifle Chandler but those rail covers are far from worthy. Try Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Accessories | Magpul Ladder Style Rail Protector they are much thinner and IMO will look very nice on your LWRC.

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Accessories | Magpul Ladder Style Rail Protector

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #799

Quote:
Nice rifle Chandler but those rail covers are far from worthy. Try Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Accessories | Magpul Ladder Style Rail Protector they are much thinner and IMO will look very nice on your LWRC.

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Accessories | Magpul Ladder Style Rail Protector
Yeah...gun show "cheapies". Mainly bought them because they were small and I could install/uninstall the foregrips, light mount, bipod, etc., and still have most of the rail covered. I have some of the ladder style that came with my DD AR10 rail cut down, but they leave a lot exposed still.

Cool! Thanks MJ...I'll check 'em out.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #800
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

[IMG][/IMG]

Last years builds. Sold the one on top to a friend of mine. The one on the bottom is mine. Both made from stripped Anvil Arms multi-cal lower receivers and Del-Ton rifle kits. I have about 800 rds through mine and my buddy has put around 2500 through his. Only problems have been with the cmmg 22lr. conversion kits when using soft point plinkers.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson