AR picture thread - Page 43
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR picture thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #421
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgand72 View Post
Magpul MOE Stock (Should've just gotten the CTR), Magpul handguards, GPS02 Grip pod

Sorry about the bad quality, only have a phone camera ...
How do you like your Grip Pod? I've been toying with the idea but have not received much feedback.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
How do you like your Grip Pod? I've been toying with the idea but have not received much feedback.
It's definitely a fine piece of equipment, feels really sturdy and well made. And the fact that I got it on ebay for about 50$ makes me happy.

It's a bit bulky and a bit heavy. I finally had a chance to get to the range over the weekend and try it for the first time. I don't think I noticed the weight too much from the standing position.

A downside is that the bipod is at a fixed length, as opposed to some other brands of grip pods which are adjustable (Problem for me because the range had a high bench and low seat, so deploying the bipod made the rifle sit too high. I'm sure this isn't really a major con). Note this is my first time ever using a vertical foregrip, so I don't know exactly what to expect.

Overall, I have to say it's well made. It feels solid to hold on too. I wish the grip itself was a tad bit shorter. I think I need one more outing with it (try it prone and such) to give a solid recommendation. But I will say so far I like it, and there is more good than bad to it.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Sweet job on the handguards

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #424

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
It's definitely a fine piece of equipment, feels really sturdy and well made. And the fact that I got it on ebay for about 50$ makes me happy.

It's a bit bulky and a bit heavy. I finally had a chance to get to the range over the weekend and try it for the first time. I don't think I noticed the weight too much from the standing position.

A downside is that the bipod is at a fixed length, as opposed to some other brands of grip pods which are adjustable (Problem for me because the range had a high bench and low seat, so deploying the bipod made the rifle sit too high. I'm sure this isn't really a major con). Note this is my first time ever using a vertical foregrip, so I don't know exactly what to expect.

Overall, I have to say it's well made. It feels solid to hold on too. I wish the grip itself was a tad bit shorter. I think I need one more outing with it (try it prone and such) to give a solid recommendation. But I will say so far I like it, and there is more good than bad to it.
Thanks for your honest review. My biggest concerns are with the size, both collapsed and deployed. I wish one of my friends would buy one first so I can see if its the proper height shooting prone.

I have no doubt its solid, but possibly adds too much weight? I have a bull barrel on mine and its pretty heavy as is. But whats the point of having a bull barrel if I don't have a bi pod.
imag0387.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:36 AM   #425

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Magpul MOE Stock (Should've just gotten the CTR)

What don't you like about the MOE stock?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #426

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
One opinion here: nothing wrong with the MOE but I chose the CTR for the QD mount and extra friction clamp that snugs it down so there's no rattle. You just have to decide if those features are worth an extra $35.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #427

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Last edited by indyfan; 05-03-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
A little bit of play and rattle. Nothing too major, but as Quentin posted, the friction lock on the CTR would eliminate the rattle.

~Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #429

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

This is my latest project.

dsc00130.jpg  

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #430

I never understood why people do this ****. Not shouldering the rifle properly I mean. Even being in the military I don't get it. I could see doing this just to look through your optic to see something, but then again if you're pointing your weapon at something you should be prepared to shoot it. Bring your head to the rifle, not your rifle to your face.