AR picture thread - Page 41
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR picture thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #401
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysKJ View Post
Just to be fair and allow criticism and comments on my collection and mods, here is the current family:

Descriptions as follows

#1 My first, Colt AR SP-1 HBAR 1/7 BONE stock retired form Las Vegas PD.

#2 Accurate Tool Forged Lower, Double Star M4 Flattop Upper w/ 1/9 chrome lined barrel and A2 Front sight and YHM Pop-Up Rear sight, Yankee Hill Forend, CCA stock, Eotech 516, Crimson Trace Vertical Green Laser and Light Hogue pistol grip.

#3 Still in the works, Stag Lower, Stag Upper with Stag 24" 1/9 Bull Barrel, Free Float handguard from Model 1, MagPul PRS Stock, Harris BiPod, Soon to be added, Geissele trigger, Leupold or other scope, and a bunch of rounds.

#4 The latest addition: Stag Lower & M4 Upper Flat top, Removable A2 Handguard. Model 1 16" 1/9 Chrome Lined Barrel with A2 Front and A2 Flash Hider. Oversized CAR handguards, Model 1 LPK with 6 position collapsable stock.

#4 is for the most part a stock boiler plate platform that I will be improving as funds become available.

Went to "Thunder Over Dixie" this past weekend and was NEVER intending on making anything other than a couple SMALL purchases but when you have three Stag Consecutive SE# lowers in your safe and a bunch of cash on hand, well guess what happened. The folks at Model 1 did me right and I was able to build out the #4 and have a BUNCH of funds left over.
I really like the #3 you got there whats the muzzle velocity with the 24" looks like it would make a great deer killer my longest is a 20" it's great out to 750 meters but i want to put a barrel on it that would let it touch 1000 and still deliver the punch.

It only hurts till the pain goes away...

Old 04-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy34 View Post
I really like the #3 you got there whats the muzzle velocity with the 24" looks like it would make a great deer killer my longest is a 20" it's great out to 750 meters but i want to put a barrel on it that would let it touch 1000 and still deliver the punch.
Thanks,

I have no idea how #3 shoot, YET. I need some glass and a good trigger on it then I am gonna start cookin' a recipe for it with a 75gr Boat tail bullet. I can't wait to get this beast shooting. Got a MESS of hogs to kill on my brother's farm in Texas. Stag advertises that barrel, built by them on their upper, as a guaranteed .5 MOA out of the box. 1/2" at 100 yards does not suck, and when i get a load for it I should be able to tighten that up a bit.

I am about to wet my pants wanting to shoot that one, but the others satisfy my itch, for now.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #403

Quote:
Thanks,

I have no idea how #3 shoot, YET. I need some glass and a good trigger on it then I am gonna start cookin' a recipe for it with a 75gr Boat tail bullet. I can't wait to get this beast shooting. Got a MESS of hogs to kill on my brother's farm in Texas. Stag advertises that barrel, built by them on their upper, as a guaranteed .5 MOA out of the box. 1/2" at 100 yards does not suck, and when i get a load for it I should be able to tighten that up a bit.

I am about to wet my pants wanting to shoot that one, but the others satisfy my itch, for now.
cool man you'll have to post it when you geter done up here in the north west we dont have any hogs yet but we have bear we like to hunt stuff that hunts us back just to keep it interesting lol if that barrel puts out like they say it will i cant wait for a post on it from ya

Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy34 View Post
cool man you'll have to post it when you geter done up here in the north west we dont have any hogs yet but we have bear we like to hunt stuff that hunts us back just to keep it interesting lol if that barrel puts out like they say it will i cant wait for a post on it from ya
I'd be hard pressed to hunt bear with a 5.56 round. But a Hog will benefit greatly from a well places 75 grain .224 bullet traveling in excess of 2,000 ft/sec by the time it hits his chest. And GOD only know what it will do to a rabbit or squirrel or..... Like my sig says.....

Old 04-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #405

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I wasn't giving him any crap about the tape. I am not active or former military. I do not know about the use of tape in combat.

Alright, I'm finished now. Sorry about being a smart ass earlier, I did it because I just knew someone would comment about the tape when I posted my AR-15 picture.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post

Alright, I'm finished now. Sorry about being a smart ass earlier, I did it because I just knew someone would comment about the tape when I posted my AR-15 picture.
WOW, NOW that is the proper use of 200 MPH tape!!!!!!! I DARE you to:

A. Carry that in combat
B. Hold that entire rig horizontal in a firing position for 20 minutes with one hand
C. Show that to you CO and say, "Look What I Made Sarge" and see what he does

Impressive

Apology accepted, respect sent.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #407

APOS, Must be refering to the mag set up

I think the tape thing is finally dead, one last comment. We used OD duct tape to ID our weapons. You have to have some way to find it after getting out of the chow tent.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #408

Its a hodge podge of colors right now til i get chemicals in to finish dipping parts.... started life as a Colt 6920....still have all parts to return it to original maybe some day....

Last edited by M1AG30; 04-12-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post

Thats just friggin cool

Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #410

Quote:
I'd be hard pressed to hunt bear with a 5.56 round. But a Hog will benefit greatly from a well places 75 grain .224 bullet traveling in excess of 2,000 ft/sec by the time it hits his chest. And GOD only know what it will do to a rabbit or squirrel or..... Like my sig says.....
i go for dear but i always get a bear tag when the deer are dry and i usually hunt with a .308 but the one time i got cornered by a bear because of my deer that i dropped all i had was a AR-15 carbine with 3 rounds and i got it down so it can be done i just had to wait for it to stand up because most of the time that's what they do she just wanted my deer not me he she was just hungry it was more self defense but it still counts as far as im concerned up here we dont hunt with dogs or stands and we cant bait the deer so we just get dirty and do it the old fashion way its more fun that way i think