Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR picture thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #291
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

^^^Is that a California Clip?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #292

of course it is

and btw i hate this stupid bullet button.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #293

RMTactical: whats that quad rail hand guard on that AR of yours? i love it and i just want to get it for mine

Old 01-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #294

Thats nice Vette. It's good to see some stuff thats not all tacticool.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #295

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Heres a crappy pic and it's nowhere near done, but hey here's my varmint gun. It still needs rail covers, a stock and grip.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #296

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Cool looking rifle Darin. I like the bipod set up you have on there, it's different. But yes, you do need to rock a different stock on there. Never been a fan of collapsibles on a rifle length AR.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #297

I totally agree, but its actually a carbine. It's a 16" with a rifle length forearm.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #298

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

all be durned, at first glance I thought that was a 20" barrel. I guess I am just not used to seeing 16" bull barrels, cool looking varm int evaporater none the less. What are you thinking on putting on there as far as a stock and pistol grip?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #299

Magpul MAID and PRS. I can't find any A2 type stocks that are visually appealing and functional at the same time except for the PRS. They make a ton of great carbine stocks, but the selection for A2's is horrible.

I went with that upper about five years ago, but immediately loaned it out. I just recently got it back and thought that barrel would be good up to about 300 meters. Plus I can carry it by the pistol grip without dragging the barrel. I really wanted a 20", but I don't want to spend that money right now.

I got that bipod a long time ago, but now that it's on I am considering selling it and throwing my Harris back on.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #300

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The PRS stocks rock, just make sure that you get the model for the AR10. The AR15 model is too short, and if you have the cheek piece raised up, you cannot pull the charging handle all the way back. The AR10 model is 10 mm longer, and you don't have any issues. The bipod is cool, just paint it black...

You should be able to drill varmints at 300 meters no problem.