AR picture thread - Page 267
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR picture thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #2661
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,426
Liked 1114 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardkliff
She is almost done last step is cerakote
Lookin' good. What color you gonna go with?
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
TexasGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #2662
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
okdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 2,816
Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardkliff View Post
She is almost done last step is cerakote
Correct me if i'm wrong. Isn't it better to cerakote the parts before assembling/ putting it together?
okdonk is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #2663
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,426
Liked 1114 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
Correct me if i'm wrong. Isn't it better to cerakote the parts before assembling/ putting it together?
I would think so! At least for me it is.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
TexasGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #2664
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lifeguardkliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 55
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
Correct me if i'm wrong. Isn't it better to cerakote the parts before assembling/ putting it together?
Normally yes it is but I just couldn't wait to shoot it. It's my first build and I've had some issues with it cycling but that issue has been taken care of. I have no problem taking it apart it's all apart of the fun
lifeguardkliff is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #2665
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kjbcruz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 299
Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts

Default

image-3238136184.jpg



image-2241256118.jpg



image-2886835146.jpg

New laser
kjbcruz12 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #2666
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,792
Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2039

Default

She aint much but shes the start to a 5.45X39 build in ODG and BLK


__________________
Criminals Prefer Unarmerd Victims....


And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 12-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.
purehavoc is offline  
sputnik1988 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #2667
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CourtJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South of the thumb
Posts: 2,936
Liked 843 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

A few fun toys

image-656068103.jpg



image-3434280994.jpg


I still enjoy this one a lot better though


image-3827691617.jpg
__________________
I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington
CourtJester is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #2668
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fupuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Grand Rapids,Michigan
Posts: 1,672
Liked 285 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Very nice everybody, I have a quick question for everyone. I found stripped lowers locally, on armslist for sale. The company's name is Aero I went to the manufacturers website to check out the part and it says its a multi caliber receiver? I know its an Ar15 receiver but I dont know what are the other standard calibers for it?
fupuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #2669
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,426
Liked 1114 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk
Very nice everybody, I have a quick question for everyone. I found stripped lowers locally, on armslist for sale. The company's name is Aero I went to the manufacturers website to check out the part and it says its a multi caliber receiver? I know its an Ar15 receiver but I dont know what are the other standard calibers for it?

A list pulled from Calguns.net..... It'll make your head spin!


AR-15, without bolt modification
.17 Remington
.17/223
.20 Tactical
.20 Practical
.20 Vartag
.204 Ruger
.221 Fireball
.222 Remington
.222 Remington Magnum
.223 Remington (5.56x45mm)
.223 Remington Ackley Improved
6x45mm
6mm TCU
6x47mm
6mm Whisper
.25x45mm
6.5mm Whisper
7mm Whisper
7mm TCU
.300 Whisper (.300/221, .300 Fireball)
.338 Whisper

AR-15, with bolt modification
223 WSSM
5.45x39mm (.21 Genghis)
243 WSSM
6mm PPC
6mm WOA
6mm BR Remington
6mm Hagar
6.5mm PPC
6.5 WSSM
6.5 WOA
6.5mm Grendel
25 WSSM
6.8x43mm SPC
.30 Herrett Rimless Tactical (6.8x43mm case trimmed to 41mm and necked up to .308; the 6.8mm version of the .300 Whisper)
7.62x25
7.62x39mm
.30 RAR
300 OSSM
.357 Auto
.35 Gremlin (necked up 6.5 Grendel to 358)
.358 WSSM (various names, but all are some form of a WSSM necked up to 35 caliber, some are shortened to make them big game legal in Indiana)
.458 SOCOM
.50 Action Express
.50 Beowulf

AR-15 using a simple blowback operation
.17 HMR
.22 LR
.22 WMR
9x19mm
9x21
9x23
30 Carbine
357 Sig
40S&W
400 Cor-Bon
41 Action Express
10mm Auto
45 GAP
45ACP
45 Super
45 Win Mag

This list is in no way complete.

This list does not include complete different uppers like the FN 5.7 or the one that shoots .410 shotgun, crossbow bolts or bolt action uppers like the 50BMG

(credit to melensdad from oa2.org for the list)
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Last edited by TexasGunner; 12-10-2013 at 03:06 AM.
TexasGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:36 AM   #2670
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fupuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Grand Rapids,Michigan
Posts: 1,672
Liked 285 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner View Post

A list pulled from Calguns.net..... It'll make your head spin!

AR-15, without bolt modification
.17 Remington
.17/223
.20 Tactical
.20 Practical
.20 Vartag
.204 Ruger
.221 Fireball
.222 Remington
.222 Remington Magnum
.223 Remington (5.56x45mm)
.223 Remington Ackley Improved
6x45mm
6mm TCU
6x47mm
6mm Whisper
.25x45mm
6.5mm Whisper
7mm Whisper
7mm TCU
.300 Whisper (.300/221, .300 Fireball)
.338 Whisper

AR-15, with bolt modification
223 WSSM
5.45x39mm (.21 Genghis)
243 WSSM
6mm PPC
6mm WOA
6mm BR Remington
6mm Hagar
6.5mm PPC
6.5 WSSM
6.5 WOA
6.5mm Grendel
25 WSSM
6.8x43mm SPC
.30 Herrett Rimless Tactical (6.8x43mm case trimmed to 41mm and necked up to .308; the 6.8mm version of the .300 Whisper)
7.62x25
7.62x39mm
.30 RAR
300 OSSM
.357 Auto
.35 Gremlin (necked up 6.5 Grendel to 358)
.358 WSSM (various names, but all are some form of a WSSM necked up to 35 caliber, some are shortened to make them big game legal in Indiana)
.458 SOCOM
.50 Action Express
.50 Beowulf

AR-15 using a simple blowback operation
.17 HMR
.22 LR
.22 WMR
9x19mm
9x21
9x23
30 Carbine
357 Sig
40S&W
400 Cor-Bon
41 Action Express
10mm Auto
45 GAP
45ACP
45 Super
45 Win Mag

This list is in no way complete.

This list does not include complete different uppers like the FN 5.7 or the one that shoots .410 shotgun, crossbow bolts or bolt action uppers like the 50BMG

(credit to melensdad from oa2.org for the list)
Wow, I never would have thought it was that many.
fupuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
NFA picture thread MAJ MALFUNCTION NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 64 09-26-2014 07:23 AM
M1A/M14 picture thread matt g Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 95 12-11-2012 12:23 AM
Rifle Picture thread.....lets see em:) 01coltcolt Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 227 10-04-2011 03:21 AM
Picture Thread Lets see some Rimfires. cpttango30 General Rifle Discussion 58 07-08-2011 11:55 PM
What model is in the picture? Blackspike85 1911 Forum 5 08-10-2007 03:32 AM



Newest Threads