AR picture thread - Page 24
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR picture thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #231
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HOI,Illinois
Posts: 28
Default

These are standard AR-15 height and will co-witness with your optics.
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Sights - Rear | C4 Diopter HK Style Iron Sights

The acutal HK diopter are here:
HK 416 Sights


Just be warned, adjusting the HK diopter is a total pain. A rear sight adjustment tool is needed. Granted, it is a "set it, forget it" but getting to that point takes some patience.

One thing I did do was to replace the 416 rear sight drum with that of a G3/91/93 drum. The 416 closer resembles that of an MP5 with 4 peep settings. I prefer the V-notch as my close setting/co-witness with Aimpoint and having 3 peep options for irons only at longer distances.

__________________
pointblank4445 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:53 AM   #232
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Junction,Colorado
Posts: 1,016
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Thanks for the info. I agree that the v-notch would be my preference for close up work as well.

__________________
russ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #233
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HOI,Illinois
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Thanks for the info. I agree that the v-notch would be my preference for close up work as well.
416 Front Rear Sight Picatinny for HK 416, HK 417, MMR416, MMR417, P416, AR15, AR10, RTG Gun Parts

Found this. RTG offers the same setup I have already assembled with the v-notch rear sight drum. Granted this is for the lower HK sights meant for the 416, but I have used them on standard AR rails. I will say that if you use the lower HK sights (not the Centurion) with stock like the LMT SOPMOD with a beefy cheek piece, it can be uncomfortable getting a good cheek weld and correct sight alignment, but it can be done. It is better with a standard CAR or M4 style stock.

Another modification I make to these sights is to file down the front sight post to where comes to a point....just personal preference.
__________________
pointblank4445 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #234
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Junction,Colorado
Posts: 1,016
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
416 Front Rear Sight Picatinny for HK 416, HK 417, MMR416, MMR417, P416, AR15, AR10, RTG Gun Parts

Found this. RTG offers the same setup I have already assembled with the v-notch rear sight drum. Granted this is for the lower HK sights meant for the 416, but I have used them on standard AR rails. I will say that if you use the lower HK sights (not the Centurion) with stock like the LMT SOPMOD with a beefy cheek piece, it can be uncomfortable getting a good cheek weld and correct sight alignment, but it can be done. It is better with a standard CAR or M4 style stock.

Another modification I make to these sights is to file down the front sight post to where comes to a point....just personal preference.
The biuld I want them for just has an MOE stock on it. It's actually just my .22lr build, but I plan to stay with iron sights only for that gun. And I really like the HK hooded front/diopter rear setup. The only thing close I'd found were cheesy airsoft knock-offs from china. Thanks for turning me on to RTG.
__________________
russ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #235
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HOI,Illinois
Posts: 28
Default

I think you will be fine with the MOE. And no matter what you think, cheap Chinese crap is never the answer. Hit me up if you need to know where to get those hard-to-find parts

__________________
pointblank4445 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #236
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Junction,Colorado
Posts: 1,016
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
I think you will be fine with the MOE. And no matter what you think, cheap Chinese crap is never the answer. Hit me up if you need to know where to get those hard-to-find parts
I appreciate your offer, and I totally agree about the chinese stuff, I only mentioned it because that was the only place I'd found anything close yet.
__________________
russ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #237
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default



DD 14.5" Lightweight Midlength
Battle Comp 1.5 (pinned)
RIS II 12" Rail
DD F/A BCG
DD Lower w/ Timmney Trigger and B.A.D.A.S.S Ambi Selector

The plan was to ditch the RIS II for a MOE HG but after gropeing it last night Ive found it to be fairly light as is.

At first glance Id recommend this thing to anyone. We'll see how it shoots here soon.
__________________
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #238
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,588
Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Default

Looks great, mjkeat! Glad you got it by Christmas. Makes a great present! Hopefully I'll be posting pics of my DD in a couple weeks...

__________________
Quentin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #239
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Looks great, mjkeat! Glad you got it by Christmas. Makes a great present! Hopefully I'll be posting pics of my DD in a couple weeks...
I look forward to it. Give us a little taste of what we're waiting on
__________________
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #240
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dzscubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Paso,Texas
Posts: 2,521
Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

For those who haven't seen her I finished Linda's baby and put her "special" furniture on her.. she is sweet and is also a 7.62 X 39.

p1020368.jpg  
__________________
"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing."
JW Hardin
Dzscubie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
NFA picture thread MAJ MALFUNCTION NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 64 09-26-2014 07:23 AM
M1A/M14 picture thread matt g Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 95 12-11-2012 12:23 AM
Rifle Picture thread.....lets see em:) 01coltcolt Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 227 10-04-2011 03:21 AM
Picture Thread Lets see some Rimfires. cpttango30 General Rifle Discussion 58 07-08-2011 11:55 PM
What model is in the picture? Blackspike85 1911 Forum 5 08-10-2007 03:32 AM