AR picture thread - Page 113
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

AR picture thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #1121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2922 Times on 1720 Posts

You forgot to mention ma stance on illegal immigrants and their gun rights. Lol

Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #1122

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks View Post
In Illinois an off duty police officer can not carry a firearm. Also in Illinois, if someone breaks in your house you must first try and exit your own house. The only way you can shoot an intruder is if you are blocked, by the intruder, from any door..
You sure about this ? I know plenty of off duty LEOs here that carry. Exit my house ? the only one exiting is going to be the intruder on a gurnie

Old 04-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #1123

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

You sure about this ? I know plenty of off duty LEOs here that carry. Exit my house ? the only one exiting is going to be the intruder on a gurnie
Just what I was told by my CCW instructor. But that could have changed or he could be wrong. But from what I understand, if you shoot an intruder and you have an opportunity to exit your house you can be charged with a crime whether it be murder 2 or manslaughter.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #1124

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks

Illinois, Massachusetts, and New York are three places I will never live simply because of their gun laws. In Illinois an off duty police officer can not carry a firearm. Also in Illinois, if someone breaks in your house you must first try and exit your own house. The only way you can shoot an intruder is if you are blocked, by the intruder, from any door. In my state you can shoot them on your property if they are attempting unlawful entry or attempting unlawful entry to your vehicle.
Hell, I LIVE in Illinois and the off-duty officers around me (St. Louis area, southern Illinois. No-where near Chicago) carry all the time. I work EMS, and have had my ass saved by off duty officers more than once. If that's true, it must be overlooked around here, but I was always under the impression commissioned officers could carry at all times. I'll have to look in to that.

As far as home defense goes, I'll need to research that better as well. I won't leave my house without my whole family, but once I have everyone then yea, I would rather leave and ensure their safety then risk a gunfight and their lives. Everyone wants to be all machismo and hunt down the intruder.... Property is just worth money, not lives. I wouldn't risk my life or my families for a television, sorry. Do I want the right to defend myself and my own? Yes. Will I use that to go looking for a gunfight? No way, no how.

In the end, would I rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6? Yup.

I'll hopefully be moving over to Missouri soon anyways, this state is an ungodly mess. No CCW or open carry, last state in the union. Great.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #1125

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Same here. I'd rather leave with my family than have a war in my house and risk them getting shot. But at the same time, IL has the most aggravating, strict/stupid home invasion protection laws. I live in an apartment and there is only one way in, one way out. No back door. And my front door is right by the balcony. U have to make sure they are armed before u shoot them. What if they got a snub nose and u don't see it. Or u say "hey! Don't &@$$@ move!" and there's more than two guys and one of them shoots u. Ur screwed. Then ur wife and child are gonna be screwed too. IL has to rethink they're laws a bit u think????? I always think about that. I think I would feel more horrible if I didn't shoot and it cost my family all our lives rather than being tried and sent to jail.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #1126

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's good that you know off duty officers that carry. I have a little more hope for that state now. If I had kids I would leave my house too. But unfortunately for me. My back door and front door are in the same area of the house and my bedroom is behind them. But right now it's just me and my wife. And she knows if I tell her to hide she'll go to the closet and shut the door and my plan is to camp behind the bed and wait for them to open my bedroom door so they can meet mr. 870.

I live in the Springfield, MO area and crime is fairly low here until you get closer to the north side. I like it here, moved here from Cali and I'll never go back there after living here for 8 years.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #1127

image-1732355090.jpg

Here is one of my ARs that u built using S&W parts,magpul furniture, it has a ATN holographic sight, and in this pic it has a surefire 60 rnd mag

Old 04-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #1128

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Figure I'd mix it up a bit.
image-2199887874.jpg  

Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickpalmer View Post
Figure I'd mix it up a bit.
AR-42
Sexy guns you got there

Old 04-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #1130

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I hate this thread. Jealous as heck!!!!!!