AR picture thread - Page 100
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR picture thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #991
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kem1139's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Grove City,OH
Posts: 90
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathantc
updated pic of my Performance Center M&P 15-22 with new goodies
How do you like the combo of the scope and offset iron sights? I'm thinking that's the route I'm gonna go with my M&P 15.
__________________
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997
kem1139 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #992
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Nathantc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Posts: 560
Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
How do you like the combo of the scope and offset iron sights? I'm thinking that's the route I'm gonna go with my M&P 15.






as u can see they position right over the bore just as the standard ones would,,,,

there just as ez and as quick to use at standard fixed sights

im in love with them,,,, best back up sights i have ever came across

no real need for them to fold either as they never get in the way at all

they use standard ar front sight post and the rear sight is identical to an a2 or a3 rear sight
__________________
Nathantc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #993
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kem1139's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Grove City,OH
Posts: 90
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathantc

as u can see they position right over the bore just as the standard ones would,,,,

there just as ez and as quick to use at standard fixed sights

im in love with them,,,, best back up sights i have ever came across

no real need for them to fold either as they never get in the way at all

they use standard ar front sight post and the rear sight is identical to an a2 or a3 rear sight
Nice, where did you pick yours up at? If you don't mind me asking, what did they run ya?
__________________
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997
kem1139 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #994
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
69willys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Did the at home camo coat today went with the pine needle and sage pattern. The box... the parts and the finished product I'm not sure I want to paint the upper and lower I haven't decided. And I've decided to keep the scope pictured fits great allows me to shoot open sites.... not that I don't think the set up above is not awesome... looks great man.

forumrunner_20120312_205439.jpg

The painters box in office... the phone cord reaches... and my voice travels.. made for a decent set up.

forumrunner_20120312_205456.jpg

I painted during my break and lunch mostly. Used a heater "across the room"... a fan and a open window. Worked well for what I had time and space wise. I watched 45 mins of you tube for ideas and this is where it got me.

forumrunner_20120312_205545.jpg   forumrunner_20120312_205603.jpg   forumrunner_20120312_205631.jpg  
__________________

Last edited by 69willys; 03-13-2012 at 03:02 AM.
69willys is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #995
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kewldevil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 59
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

My first custom ar15 build! Next is a .308!

image-864131312.jpg   image-739792134.jpg   image-120300516.jpg   image-1340042953.jpg  
__________________
kewldevil1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #996
jg3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jg3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 95
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewldevil1
My first custom ar15 build! Next is a .308!
I'm no expert, but I think that piston gas block will get too hot for the Magpul front sight... I think you need to go alloy sights. Im pretty sure even Magpul says not to use on railed gas blocks...just my .02
__________________
jg3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #997
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Nathantc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Posts: 560
Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
Nice, where did you pick yours up at? If you don't mind me asking, what did they run ya?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270921358711?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649
__________________
Nathantc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #998
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kewldevil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 59
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg3

I'm no expert, but I think that piston gas block will get too hot for the Magpul front sight... I think you need to go alloy sights. Im pretty sure even Magpul says not to use on railed gas blocks...just my .02
I've heard the also. But I'm not shooting a whole lot at once. Getting a scope for it but not sure what to get yet.
__________________
kewldevil1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #999
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,014
Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69willys View Post
Did the at home camo coat today went with the pine needle and sage pattern. The box... the parts and the finished product I'm not sure I want to paint the upper and lower I haven't decided. And I've decided to keep the scope pictured fits great allows me to shoot open sites.... not that I don't think the set up above is not awesome... looks great man.

Attachment 41436

The painters box in office... the phone cord reaches... and my voice travels.. made for a decent set up.

Attachment 41437

I painted during my break and lunch mostly. Used a heater "across the room"... a fan and a open window. Worked well for what I had time and space wise. I watched 45 mins of you tube for ideas and this is where it got me.
Ok.. Where do you work that you can bring an AR to work and paint it in your office???? LOL
__________________
TheOldMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #1000
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Ok.. Where do you work that you can bring an AR to work and paint it in your office???? LOL

If he's like me, he's self employed and runs a schedule, which leaves me time to do things like that if I want. Plus the boss has absolutely no issue with me carrying!! ROFL.
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
KG7IL Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
NFA picture thread MAJ MALFUNCTION NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 64 09-26-2014 07:23 AM
M1A/M14 picture thread matt g Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 95 12-11-2012 12:23 AM
Rifle Picture thread.....lets see em:) 01coltcolt Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 227 10-04-2011 03:21 AM
Picture Thread Lets see some Rimfires. cpttango30 General Rifle Discussion 58 07-08-2011 11:55 PM
What model is in the picture? Blackspike85 1911 Forum 5 08-10-2007 03:32 AM