Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR Parts list? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-parts-list-49568/)

Redarrow18 10-10-2011 12:09 AM

AR Parts list?

Hey all!
Would someone be kind enough to make me a list or a link to a complete AR Parts list? For my 18th birthday in a few months I'd like to start buying parts here and there to build it on my birthday. If you have any suggestions for good parts and where to get them feel free to tell me, I'd like to have a real nice rifle, my last splurge before I go off to college :) Thanks for the help!

willfully armed 10-10-2011 12:18 AM

Although their prices are high, the Brownells AR15 catalog is great.

Nathantc 10-10-2011 03:52 AM

Model 1 Sales: COMPLETE KITS

Jpyle 10-10-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redarrow18 (Post 597618)
Hey all!
Would someone be kind enough to make me a list or a link to a complete AR Parts list? For my 18th birthday in a few months I'd like to start buying parts here and there to build it on my birthday. If you have any suggestions for good parts and where to get them feel free to tell me, I'd like to have a real nice rifle, my last splurge before I go off to college :) Thanks for the help!

Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM

Quentin 10-10-2011 04:32 AM

There are quite a few build threads in this forum, I'd look at the recent ones, say over the last year, for specific parts our members have chosen.

Also, define your application, we don't know what you want in an AR.

mjkeat 10-10-2011 05:41 AM

DO yourself a favor and get yourself a decent kit. Being that it's your "last splurge" for what could be the next 2-8ish years don't mess around w/ some cheap kit. At the very least look into a palmetto state armory kit then add one of their lowers an a seperate order to avoid the 11% tax.

If you want a really nice AR at a great value purchase a BCM upper and lower. Again do so on seperate orders to avoid the tax.

Aimsurplus has a great Spikes upper for $499 and blem lowers for $69. Add a lower build kit from PSA and you'll be GTG w/ a great, reliable, mil spec AR.

I hate being this way but wasting your money on a cheap kit will only leave you dissapointed.

Redarrow18 10-10-2011 04:47 PM

Well I want something that is really reliable and high quality. I don't want to to constantly need fixing or things breaking on it. I'd like to take it hunting as well. Just basically a real high end, mil spec AR that I can hang on to for a long time.

Quentin 10-10-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redarrow18 (Post 598159)
Well I want something that is really reliable and high quality. I don't want to to constantly need fixing or things breaking on it. I'd like to take it hunting as well. Just basically a real high end, mil spec AR that I can hang on to for a long time.

Well the answer is as simple as B, C, D - BCM, Colt or Daniel Defense.

mjkeat 10-10-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 598179)
Well the answer is as simple as B, C, D - BCM, Colt or Daniel Defense.

This is absolutely correct.

Quentin 10-10-2011 09:19 PM

Yeah, years ago people used to say buy A, B, C - meaning ArmaLite, Bushmaster or Colt but these days we know you can do better, thus B, C, D.

Of course there are other great ARs, it's just hard to mention them all in every new thread. :p