Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR Parts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-parts-41374/)

cpttango30 04-16-2011 04:31 PM

AR Parts

Where do you get your AR parts?

I have been thinking of doing a budget build. I want a plinker 16" that will shoot every time I jerk that bang switch. The budget for this build would be $600 for everything. It is going to be a flat top with either open sights or a budget halo type sight.

I have been looking at

Midwayusa.com
Brownells.com
Spikestactical.com
bravocompanyusa.com

Where are some other places to get parts on the cheap.

I guess I should say low cost parts. I don't want parts that will break with use. This is going to be a shoot it till it stops then clean it gun. As long as I can keep the bullets in a 4" circle at 100 yards it will be good enough.

WoodysKJ 04-16-2011 04:56 PM

Model 1 Sales

GREAT people to work with, VERY friendly and GREAT prices. They have ALL the parts you will need.

Brownells and Midway are great but they are FULL retail+ but quality parts, same with Model 1 Sales, but not as proud of them. Brownells has GREAT AR assembly videos.

Jpyle 04-16-2011 05:02 PM

Personally I care more for the brand than the seller so in addition to the ones that you named ebay, gunbroker.com and, believe it or not, overstocked.com. Shotgun News usually has pages of ads for AR parts and I believe Cane posts flyers from several dealers.

2hot2handle 04-16-2011 05:11 PM

What I did while building on a budget was find the part that I wanted that I felt was the best balance between price and quality. Then I'd search for just that part but not on any specific site. You can find some great prices on smaller sites.

JonM 04-16-2011 05:17 PM

i use dpms parts they have a nice cheap selection of milspec parts. most of my main AR15A1 is dpms small parts. the lower parts kit is from a company in wisconsin boom to zoom they frequent the local shows. the rest is dpms.

Shihan 04-16-2011 05:18 PM

Are you going to build the upper or buy a completed upper?

dog2000tj 04-16-2011 05:27 PM

Usually I figure out whatever part of component I'm looking for than I scour about 3-6 different sites. I see some of the usual suspects already mention so I'll offer up some others. I've had good experiences with all of these so far,

RifleGear
Dynamic Armament
Natchez Shooters Supplies
Bravo Company USA, Inc. AR-15, M16, M4 Tactical Gear, Parts, Accessories.
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Taking the AR15 to new heights.

Gatekeeper 04-16-2011 05:53 PM

Bravo Company USA, Inc. AR-15, M16, M4 Tactical Gear, Parts, Accessories.
Magpul Industries Ecommerce
U.S. Cavalry - Proudly Serving Military and Law Enforcement Professionals
Spikes Tactical

lonyaeger 04-16-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 487743)
Where do you get your AR parts?

I have been thinking of doing a budget build. I want a plinker 16" that will shoot every time I jerk that bang switch. The budget for this build would be $600 for everything. It is going to be a flat top with either open sights or a budget halo type sight.

I have been looking at

Midwayusa.com
Brownells.com
Spikestactical.com
bravocompanyusa.com

Where are some other places to get parts on the cheap.

I guess I should say low cost parts. I don't want parts that will break with use. This is going to be a shoot it till it stops then clean it gun. As long as I can keep the bullets in a 4" circle at 100 yards it will be good enough.

I have an extra BCM bolt carrier group if you want it.

sweeper22 04-16-2011 06:28 PM

For inexpensive kits and parts, check: RangerSales

I believe they sell everything except lowers. Complete kits from about $500.