Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR Optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 42 Posts

Default AR Optics

There are so many optics available for ARs that choosing one can be mind boggling. I have a ACOG TA-11 on one of mine and it is a great scope, I can see why the US Military uses them. But for my 2'nd AR I don't feel like spending more for the optic than I did for the rifle. I recently bought a new old scope, yes it's 25 years old but unissued. It's a Hensoldt Fero Z-24 that was made for the German Army for use on their H&K G3. I took the H&K mount off it and put it in an ARMS #19 Throw Lever Mount and now it will go on anything with a Picatinny Rail. Tried it on my AR and I'm very impressed with it, what a rugged little scope with superb optics. It even has an illuminated reticle for low light. The Germans really make good glass and these Hensoldts are very affordable. So here you have a military grade optic at a great price. I highly recommend any of the Hensoldt optics for your AR.

dsc01146.jpg   dsc01135.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Where can ya find 'em?

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #3

Liked 55 Times on 42 Posts

Just Google "Hensoldt Fero Z-24", I found mine on the Gunboards classified. I have seen them also on Ebay, GunBroker and Auction Arms. A few years ago these were all over the market and outfits like Cheaper Than Dirt bought hundreds of these great scopes. Once you see and handle one you'll want one.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks, I'll look into it. I didn't think of it until I saw the logo,but my granddad had a pair of binoculars from them. God,they were old when I was a kid and still worked great.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7