Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 924 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
... One thing about mag shopping is never be content - one day you will see mags for $20, the next day the same mag may be $10. Always keep shopping and aquiring, this way in a year or two you will have the appropriate amount of mags ..... more
I agree, keep an eye out for sales and buy quality mags when on sale. Sometimes you stumble over good surplus GIs at a gun show but not as often as years ago. At least 90% of the surplus mags I've bought are reliable but today I see more junk at gun shows. I also upgrade the old follower to Magpul if there's any roughness. The GIs with green followers often don't need upgrading.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I just received an email from Primary Arms has black Teflon mags w/ magpul followers for under $9.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #23

Liked 924 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I just received an email from Primary Arms has black Teflon mags w/ magpul followers for under $9.
That's a great deal with those followers. Sounds like the ones BCM has sold, I've got a few of those, thrown in with other orders, and do like the teflon coating.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.