Ar lower build....important notes to stupid - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ar lower build....important notes to stupid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1082 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1095

All right, I admit it, I'm a milspec snob but if you stick to it you don't have these size problems!

Don't forget that you can use a large clear plastic bag to put the receiver in while installing detent launching parts. It will catch those slippery little suckers when they try to enter low orbit.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #22

after reading this I still really want to build my own AR but I think I'll combine the plastic bag idea and another one by the salesperson at the store I buy all my stuff from. Go into your bathroom, sit in the bathtub, plug the drain, close the curtain and put your lower together in the tub. That way most parts will make an audible noise when hitting the tub and likely roll towards the drain which is plugged and therefore ease the search for the part.
So with the plastic bag idea and the tub idea, I think it's safe to say, losing parts during assembly will require a new kind of dumba$$.

edit: don't forget to tuck the curtain into the tub so if they fly towards the curtain, they hit and then proceed to fall into the tub not onto the bathroom floor

Old 02-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #23

Liked 1082 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1095

Nah, I don't know about building in the shower. Where do you keep your beer and pizza?!

Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage308 View Post
after reading this I still really want to build my own AR but I think I'll combine the plastic bag idea and another one by the salesperson at the store I buy all my stuff from. Go into your bathroom, sit in the bathtub, plug the drain, close the curtain and put your lower together in the tub. That way most parts will make an audible noise when hitting the tub and likely roll towards the drain which is plugged and therefore ease the search for the part.
So with the plastic bag idea and the tub idea, I think it's safe to say, losing parts during assembly will require a new kind of dumba$$.

edit: don't forget to tuck the curtain into the tub so if they fly towards the curtain, they hit and then proceed to fall into the tub not onto the bathroom floor
Might as well do it while having a soak. Then when you finish you and the AR will be all clean and shiny.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
Might as well do it while having a soak. Then when you finish you and the AR will be all clean and shiny.
real men don't take baths

only time you should be sitting in a tub full of water is a hot tub when you've got a drink in one hand, choice of smokeable in the other, at minimum one woman who's working your gun under the water, and another who's working the grill cooking you a steak.

Last edited by Savage308; 02-10-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #26

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:

All right but we need pics...you must be fully clothed of course, this isn't one of those forums...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
real men don't take baths

only time you should be sitting in a tub full of water is a hot tub when you've got a drink in one hand, choice of smokeable in the other, at minimum one woman who's working your gun under the water, and another who's working the grill cooking you a steak.
Real men don't work on guns in the tub either

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #28

You are right Diggs, my original was not slanted but it was longer and with more holes indicating commercial, but neither commercial or milspec would fit at the gunshow fiasco.....I don't care what the heck I have now....that sucker is staying on there forever.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Nah, I don't know about building in the shower. Where do you keep your beer and pizza?!
Do I have to be naked and wet?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Do I have to be naked and wet?
C'mon. Don't act like it's your first time there "Cherry".