Originally Posted by AgentTikki
That may be a nice light, but I doubt it puts out those numbers.
I usually see the Cree XP G2 typically being rated at like 300 to 350 lumens which is still very very bright.
What kind of batteries are you using with it? A lot of manufacturers do pad their numbers.
Does it get hot if you leave it on for 5+ minutes? How kind of run times are you getting with it? I ask because you can overdrive a XP's output by boosting power consumption but it'll get hot and really drain the batteries fast (inefficient).
What I see is a deep reflector which is usually indicative of a thrower. Something good for outdoor use. If you want something for indoor use, a floody light would be better. Right around 6:30 they claim that it throws to 400 meters. Um ok. I also the like the smooth contact that won't damage my 18650s. Very thoughtful.
Overall it does look pretty well made and solid. But I'm not feeling the review/sales pitch.
Is it compatible with surefire end caps for remote switches?
1. It may not be 760 lumens. Buts its WAY higher than any surefire ive ever seen. Its basically a spotlight, which is what I want considering I shoot outside at night a lot 100 yards and out.
2. May not reach 400 meters, but I know it will go around 300, because ive had it that far. Maybe not 400 though. I know it throws, thats why I bought it.
3. Uses a 18650 or 2 CR123A's. Have no idea on runtime. It says if I remember 1 hour and a half for the maximum brightness. Not sure about hotness. At the amount a battery costs im not wasting it to find out haha. Ill let you know when I use it shooting and its on for extended time.
4. Have no idea on a surefire tailcap. Wanna send me one to test it? Lol. I do know armytek has tailcaps for it if you want one with a pressure switch.
5. I dont know if youre talking about sootch00 sounding like a sales pitch or me. If youre talking about me, then I guess I should be in sales? Or maybe not since it sounds "pitchy"? Look, I just know how hard it is to really understand if something is a piece of crap or good online. Sootch00 did me a HUGE favor by reviewing it (whether or not he was just pushing it for compensation), so I just thought I would share. Honestly most of my friends arent really into guns so ive got no one to show my toys off to haha. Ill tell you if craps crap too dont worry. But if youre wanting a light, get one for yourself and post if you disagree with me.