Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR Gun Community, Does It Really Exist?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
There is no such price fixing community that Im aware of. The price gouging is indeed a result of supply and demand. Recently the prices are skyrocketing because the supply is running out AND the demand is high. As a dealer myself I'm on a 5 to 6 week waiting list for anything related to the AR 15 and there is still no guarantee I'll get what I want. Many distributors have stopped taking backorders altogether. In short, were now into the manufacturing bottleneck phase. Any dealer that has AR's available may be the last ones they get to sell for months. Its just the free market guys. When manufacturing can't keep up , then the prices go up. Sorry if you missed the boat
Most likely this is the right answer to why the high prices and low supply. Sure, some scalpers are taking advantage but overall it's not a conspiracy, just a perfect storm of events leading up to high demand and low stock. If you think back, parts were drying up before November. BCGs and LPKs have been hard to find for months, then Hurricane Sandy, then the election, then the Black Friday sales, then the Christmas rush. Throw on the tragic Sandy Hook shooting and serious talk of gun bans and even confiscation - no wonder even at 100% manufacturing capacity, supply can't keep up with demand.

And for the folks who did miss the boat, well it is hard but everyone has to admit there have been countless warnings for years. And many before Dec.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

People Like This 
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19583 Times on 11115 Posts
Likes Given: 49298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Most likely this is the right answer to why the high prices and low supply. Sure, some scalpers are taking advantage but overall it's not a conspiracy, just a perfect storm of events leading up to high demand and low stock. If you think back, parts were drying up before November. BCGs and LPKs have been hard to find for months, then Hurricane Sandy, then the election, then the Black Friday sales, then the Christmas rush. Throw on the tragic Sandy Hook shooting and serious talk of gun bans and even confiscation - no wonder even at 100% manufacturing capacity, supply can't keep up with demand.

And for the folks who did miss the boat, well it is hard but everyone has to admit there have been countless warnings for years. And many before Dec.
that's very true Quentin. so many jumped aboard and felt the need for an AR or AK after there was talk of a proposed gun ban on certain types of firearms. they had no need or want of one a week or month prior, but now they have a need or want for one? utterly amazing!
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #23

Liked 1111 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

U think ur getting the shaft on AR stuff. Check this out

Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
U think ur getting the shaft on AR stuff. Check this out
Wow. I just got 1000 rounds CCI 40gr shipped to me for $88 and that was little high to me.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr