AR built! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR built!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
While it's totally not necessary, an accuwedge eliminates that tiny wiggle nicely.
I was considering those. The ones at my local shop are BRIGHT orange, will that stick out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Looks Good!
Is it a Gov't Profile or HBar?
haha I don't know any shooter that's fiddled with my ar, and hasn't started "contemplating" a build. Including me!
Uh, I have no idea. Its about 3/4 inch diameter... Its a little weighty though, I'm NOT complaining, I'm in love with my SUR/EBR, but I'd say the barrel weighs 8-10 lbs by itself. The way I figure it, that 2 lbs extra weight adds bullet velocity and maybe 100yds range, so its worth it.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 06-29-2010, 02:36 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It sits inside the lower receiver, once the upper is attached and the take down pins are closed, you cannot even see it. I put one in my wife's AR because of different brand upper and lower caused the same tiny mismatch and slight wiggle. I got the DPMS version of the accuwedge, worked great, but is a slightly tight fit to get the last take down pin in, but solidifies the upper to the lower.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #23

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

should be an HBar then
Gov't profile's slimmed down under the handguards.
I was gonna go with DT but back when I went to order they had a 3 month wait... and yeah.
Glad it performs well 'nuff

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 06-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
I was considering those. The ones at my local shop are BRIGHT orange, will that stick out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
It sits inside the lower receiver, once the upper is attached and the take down pins are closed, you cannot even see it. I put one in my wife's AR because of different brand upper and lower caused the same tiny mismatch and slight wiggle. I got the DPMS version of the accuwedge, worked great, but is a slightly tight fit to get the last take down pin in, but solidifies the upper to the lower.
Plus a BIG ONE on the information from Mosh. The Accu-Wedge was designed to take a little bit of play out of the Upper/Lower receiver match-up.

Now, as you look around, you will see PLENTY of Interwebz Commandos that Poo-Poo that Accu-Wedge. Claiming that it's made of rubber/plastic and how they have been at 3-Gun competitions and people who have had it in, had it crumble and fall into the trigger mech and how it stopped their gun cold and blah, blah, blah.

We do guns for about 8 PD's in the shop. Not every PD can afford full guns, so they mix and match old receivers ( uppers & lowers ) as needs change. They recycle as they need to when they don't have a budget for full custom orders. We routinely put Accu-Wedges in, even on SWAT guns, and we tell the guys: "When you clean the gun, check the wedge and see if it's wearing at all. If it is, change it". Simple.

In over 5 years in the shop, I have seen about 8 wedges that showed signs of wear, but I have NEVER seen on that had enough wear to completely disintegrate into pieces and fall into the trigger mech.

I have them in my weapons and I put them in friends' weapons with the same disclaimer. Just like anything else, as you use and clean the weapon, check it for wear. They are cheap and easy to replace and they work wonders at cleaning up that little bit of rattle.

Excellent advice Mosh!

JD

Old 06-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks, Dillinger!

Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #26

howdy , great post !!! love them dissys !!!!

so tell me ? is the del-ton upper a rifle gas system ?

i gotta gets a rifle gas dissy,

i've already built a dissy, with a middy gas, cmmg barrel, used ADCO, for the work..[awsome]..

just wanting to build another with rifle gas.. i got this urge ? i dont know why ? but its keeping me up, late at night thinkin about another dissy.

they tell me i have BRD... i hope theirs no cure.....

peabody