Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR build (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-build-73910/)

longunner 10-08-2012 02:29 AM

AR build
 
So my NFA complete A2 lower is en route to my LGS and I can't think about anything else but this build. I want to get a Del-Ton LPK or something cheap but worth the money because I'm not planning on landing thousand-yard shots with this AR, I'll be topping out at 200 yards. I also want to get a Del-Ton complete upper but I haven't had any luck finding one in stock anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get one/any kind of similar product. Also tips on the build (parts, manufacturers anything at all) would be great. Keep in mind that this project has to comply with AWB laws because I have the bad luck of living in New York State.:o

dog2000tj 10-08-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNARG (Post 968263)
So my NFA complete A2 lower is en route to my LGS and I can't think about anything else but this build. I want to get a Del-Ton LPK or something cheap but worth the money because I'm not planning on landing thousand-yard shots with this AR, I'll be topping out at 200 yards. I also want to get a Del-Ton complete upper but I haven't had any luck finding one in stock anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get one/any kind of similar product. Also tips on the build (parts, manufacturers anything at all) would be great. Keep in mind that this project has to comply with AWB laws because I have the bad luck of living in New York State.:o




Ok, now that that is out of the way ... congratulations on taking up the challenge of building your own SUR. First, read the stickies, then read the build threads. The intended use for your AR will determine what components you should use - battle rifle - range rifle - varmint rifle - may not be the same.

as for places to buy ... good luck, the same thing went on back on 08'. keep looking and be ready to hit the buy button fast when you do find what you are looking for.

since you are in NY take a look at STAG Arms - http://stagarms.com/

longunner 10-08-2012 03:14 AM

Haha thanks for rubbing it in dick. I did read the stickies a few weeks ago I'll give them another run-through tomorrow after work.

longunner 10-09-2012 02:49 AM

So I did some more reading through the stickies and talk about an information overload lol. I looked at stag arms...what do you think of the model 3h? I know it has a chrome lined barrel which i don't really need but why not...and a pretty slow twist but im not really clear on the twist rates and how they act ballistically. Really the most attractive thing about it is the price.

dog2000tj 10-09-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNARG (Post 969548)
So I did some more reading through the stickies and talk about an information overload lol. I looked at stag arms...what do you think of the model h3?

That's the model I based my build off of, see the build thread in my signature, then take a look at the range report ... should tell you the answer ;) I also have another range report in an old zombie thread by Dillinger.

I run my girl hard as she is supposed to be my go to rifle for SHTF, EOTW, Zombie Apocalypse, you name it ..... I run her that way so that parts will get used. If they break, a better part will replace it. ;)

jjfuller1 10-09-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNARG
So I did some more reading through the stickies and talk about an information overload lol. I looked at stag arms...what do you think of the model 3h? I know it has a chrome lined barrel which i don't really need but why not...and a pretty slow twist but im not really clear on the twist rates and how they act ballistically. Really the most attractive thing about it is the price.

Have one with the plus package. It's very nice. Shoots well with the right ammo, clover leafs at 100 yards. Stag is a good company. Lifetime warranty and good CS.

capnklump 10-09-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNARG
...and a pretty slow twist but im not really clear on the twist rates and how they act ballistically.

Generally the way I understand is the higher the twist rate the heavier the grain of bullets it can handle with a reasonable amount of accuracy.

longunner 10-09-2012 10:20 PM

Im really only going to be shooting bulk pack ammo...is 1x9 too slow a twist for that?

longunner 10-09-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1

Have one with the plus package. It's very nice. Shoots well with the right ammo, clover leafs at 100 yards. Stag is a good company. Lifetime warranty and good CS.

What exactly is the plus package??

dog2000tj 10-09-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNARG (Post 970495)
What exactly is the plus package??

as requested - http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=13


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.