ar build
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ar build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default ar build

i think i found my upper and lower i want a
BCM Lower at G&R Tactical

18" BD 1x8 SS Mid Length Gas Sys LW Specter YHM 4 Rail FF Complete Special

also what about the plum crazy lowers they look cool and how light they are is pretty cool

Last edited by bogcjg; 06-03-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Nice parts but thats w/o stock for that price.. Also the description on the upper states a mis-built gas system thats too short and they wont stand behind it if it has a gas system issue.

For $815 plus shipping you could build a very sweet rifle. I would stay away from that upper but thats just my .02

Old 06-04-2011, 03:08 AM   #3

Default cool

thanx i will keep looking what do u think of the lower

Old 06-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

That is a very nice looking lower, but it should be.. As dressed in the pics I think it was like $450 + shipping and ffl fees so your prob going to be at 5 bills just for the lower.

Are you looking to build a rifle or buy upper and lower and put them together? What are you looking to do with the rifle ? home defense? plinking at the range ? long range target shooting ? a mix of all the above?

If you are looking to build a nice mid-top shelf rifle then that would be a great start..

Old 06-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #5

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

That BCM is a nice lower and if you go with the blem it's $269 before adding a stock. Pretty hard to beat actually.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
That BCM is a nice lower and if you go with the blem it's $269 before adding a stock. Pretty hard to beat actually.
For a blem lower?!?!?!

The lower has the absolute LEAST impact on accuracy as I could build a lower out of plywood that could shoot 2-2.5MOA with a quality upper.

My opinion would be to spend your money where it counts.

The lower is NOT where to spend your big dollars.

YMMV.

JD

Old 06-04-2011, 05:59 AM   #7

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

True, I wouldn't get one. I'd build up my own lower but for the quality parts that go in the BCM lower it's not a bad deal for someone who doesn't want to build a lower. Every report I've seen of the BCM blems as said the blemish was very minor. Heck my ARs have plenty of blems now.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #8

Default thanx

i was thinking that was a bit much for a lower what do yall think of the plum crazy lowers abd if u guys have any good price uppers i can spend no more then 600 on the upper and the gun will be for a little of everything

what about this upper http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Troy-TRX-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20trx11std%20fde.htm

Last edited by bogcjg; 06-04-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
For a blem lower?!?!?!

JD
Id buy one in a heartbeat. Thats a heck of a price for what you get. Most report having to strain to find the blem. Factory assembled out of quality parts w/ properly staked castle nut and 100% spec. No BS like sloppy pin holes or any of that other stuff you can run into w/ cheap lowers. BCM is shipping some of the best products on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogcjg View Post
i was thinking that was a bit much for a lower what do yall think of the plum crazy lowers abd if u guys have any good price uppers i can spend no more then 600 on the upper and the gun will be for a little of everything

what about this upper BCM Standard 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ Troy Standard TRX 11" Handguard
Like stated above the BCM is a very competitively price for a lower. You get more than you pay for w/ BCM.

I'm not a BM fan and would avoid the PC lower like the plague.

Personally on the upper this is what I have my eye on BCM 14.5" Mid Length LIGHT WEIGHT Upper Receiver Group w/ the BC 1.5

And a Cavalry Arms Mk II lower w/ DD LPK. The problem is they don't make them anymore and DSG is sold out except for a yellow one. Looks like I waited to long once again.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #10

Personally on the upper this is what I have my eye on BCM 14.5" Mid Length LIGHT WEIGHT Upper Receiver Group w/ the BC 1.5

And a Cavalry Arms Mk II lower w/ DD LPK. The problem is they don't make them anymore and DSG is sold out except for a yellow one. Looks like I waited to long once again.[/QUOTE]

wont i need the PWS FSC556 on that upper to make it leagal