AR Build - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Originally Posted by ktmboyz
I got a M&P lower and a dpms parts kit.

Nice build, I am thinking about taking on an AR project myself. How do you like that S&W lower. I have seen it on Buds for around $150 but it looks 100% better in your pictures. Is it worth what Buds is asking for it? RGuns also has lowers on clearance for $55 but I am leery of something that cheap.

Thanks
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

She is shaping up! COngrats.

Hey I wouldnt touch a clearance lower for $55. JD is gonna scream at me (after all a lower is a lower is a a lower), but I betcha it is WAY the hell outta spec. Even some of the cheaper forged are out of spec more than they should be (brands not to be named).

A S&W is a good quality lower.

Last edited by hillbilly68; 11-25-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #13

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
She is shaping up! COngrats.

Hey I wouldnt touch a clearance lower for $55. JD is gonna scream at me (after all a lower is a lower is a a lower), but I betcha it is WAY the hell outta spec. Even some of the cheaper forged are out of spec more than they should be (brands not to be named).

A S&W is a good quality lower.
Thanks, kinda figured that but being a noob to ARs just figured I would throw it out there and get some input from the pros.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington