Which AR brand is best for 1st time buyer? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Which AR brand is best for 1st time buyer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My vote is for a Rock River with a 2stage trigger best trigger for the money got mine for around 1k 20heavy barrel 1/8 and ace skeleton stock bug holes at 100m later put a mag pull prs on it shoot military tactical with it they use Wilson barrels the same that is used in white oak precision

Old 02-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

How do I start my own thread and ask this question? Except put my specs and uses down and stuff like that because I have been searching for 4 years and just now starting to gather the money and I'm wanting to put together my own rifle for around 800... Pretty low budget I know

Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by defender116
How do I start my own thread and ask this question? Except put my specs and uses down and stuff like that because I have been searching for 4 years and just now starting to gather the money and I'm wanting to put together my own rifle for around 800... Pretty low budget I know
You can go to main auto forum and. Start new thread...pretty simple and looks like allot of people here to help.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I just ordered my first Ar two weeks Ago and the web page at RRA says a lead time of 60 to 90 days so it will be a little bit befor I know if I made a good choice or not , but the shop that I ordered it through said that they have bean getting them in at about 30 days so hopefully sooner than later . I spent two weeks trying to figure out what to get and I never knew that there were so many company's building AR's until then . I decided on a RRA ATH carbine because it had the features that I was looking for and the price was right so I am now hoping that when it gets here it ends up being worth the wait . I have a Daewoo that was imported by Kimber and it was my first attempt at getting an AR back during the assault weapon's ban because it was the closest thing to an AR that the one dealer in my town could get at that time, I ended up liking it but it has a 1 in 10 twist so its not good with heavier bullets but it digests any ammo and it is very accurate with 55 gr bullets . I wanted a mid length carbine with a 1 in 7 or a 1 in 8 twist to handle a little heaver bullet and I plan on using it for varmint hunting , at the bench and for a GP rifle . I will most likely go with magpul pop up sights and a 3x9 or 10 compact scope and that I hope will do it LOL . Until it gets here and I try it out I will not know if I made a good choice or not but I have not read to many bad things about RRA .

Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #35

Likes Given: 8

I'm actually in the same position. I recently made up my mind to purchase a DPMS Oracle as my first AR. It's a stripped down version, but as any AR enthusiast will tell you, you're going to want to personalize your weapon with your own iron sights, optics, quad rail, and posibly a laser. No sense buying a rifle out of the box you're just gonna throw parts off of. Besides, the DPMS is only 700.00! Pretty hard to beat!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcmahanP345 View Post
I'm actually in the same position. I recently made up my mind to purchase a DPMS Oracle as my first AR. It's a stripped down version, but as any AR enthusiast will tell you, you're going to want to personalize your weapon with your own iron sights, optics, quad rail, and posibly a laser. No sense buying a rifle out of the box you're just gonna throw parts off of. Besides, the DPMS is only 700.00! Pretty hard to beat!
If you haven't purchased it yet do a little more research and you will probably change your mind. $700 can get you more than you think.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #37

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryWMcneely View Post
I just ordered my first Ar two weeks Ago and the web page at RRA says a lead time of 60 to 90 days .
My local gun shop is having issues keeping any guns in stock especially ARs in stock , they tried to place a order with Ruger and they told them not to expect them before December , that they simply had all their current stock sold and 90% of the 2012 production was already spoken for .
They have placed orders with other companies but were told they are backed up on production also and there will be a waiting period
His comment was gun sales are up and the yr is looking good for us !!!

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #38

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I read am explanation for that yesterday. The person was saying some of it had to do w/ regrouping after Shot. I don't knw how much weight I'd put behind it but it makes sense.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #39

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I read am explanation for that yesterday. The person was saying some of it had to do w/ regrouping after Shot. I don't knw how much weight I'd put behind it but it makes sense.
Im sure your right those big dealer shows generates huge sales , but I have to believe election time helps sales also . I know PSA is not selling complete rifle right now for all the orders they had put in by dealers , I think I heard one order for 1200+ standard carbine complete rifles for a wholesale distributor