AR availability at Gunshow today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR availability at Gunshow today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR availability at Gunshow today

The largest gun shows in the PNW are sponsored by Washington Arms Collectors. They hold 2 shows per month, one in Monroe and one in Puyallup (the larger of the two).

I attended the one in Monroe this morning, which is usually very low key, no lines, plenty of room inside, and just generally very laid back. Show opens to members and the public at 9:00 AM and usually you park next to the door with no problem.

This morning there was a line of cars backed up unto the freeway (about a mile away). The parking lot was jammed and there was a line of people wrapped all the way around the building at 8:30 AM. I have never seen it like this.

Once inside the place was packed. Prices were still reasonable, but the huge, long ammo counters were packed 3 deep with people trying to buy. Usually there is lots of empty space and maybe 5-10 people at the counters.

AR stripped lowers were about $100-$140. They were flying off the tables, so I don't know how long they lasted (ONLY MEMBERS can buy guns and ammo at these shows - so that shows how high the activity was).

Non-military type firearms were generally slightly higher, and older WW II era Springfields and Garands were generally lower than they have been in the past (last Spring and Summer).

The panic was there however. I spoke with a friend of mine who works for Olympic and has his own gun store and he said it is just nuts right now. Unlimited and MANDATORY overtime at work and his shop is flooded with orders. AR bolts and carriers are almost impossible to get. Olympic Arms is contractually obligated to sell him at least 25 lowers per month, and they are trying to buy out that obligation.

Thought I would just give a quick, short report from the field out here in the backwoods. Take it for what it's worth.........

Interesting times.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #2

no kidding im trying to find a gsg-5 local and no dealer with in 50 miles has them. I have been told they only get a few in when they do and normally they are already sold, if not there sold same day they get up out.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anybody go tp Tulsa this weekend? Curious how the show went and what the atmosphere was. My best bud has a table there, I just wonder how and what people are buying. My feeling is it is as described from the PNW show. Hopefully it will calm down, but I doubt it. Just waiting on the prices to really jump.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

same thing happened to my local gun shop
literally a month ago there had rack fulls of AR-15 about 50 of them
i went today...there were only 2 left...
and the place was packed like i've never seen before and it was a sunday
people are going nuts and the guys that work there said that they've been having one crazy week...
absolutely nuts!

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent