Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR/ AK 7.62x39 lower? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-ak-7-62x39-lower-87538/)

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-27-2013 05:22 AM

AR/ AK 7.62x39 lower?

Just wanted to get some insight on a dedicated 7.62x39 lower. I know people have used a multi cal lower to build these, but I don't want issues with feeding and would like to run AK mags. Just wanted to know if anyone has used a 7.62x39 lower, and what brand it was. I know there is only a couple of companies that make them.

xdsowner98 03-27-2013 06:05 AM

I may be wrong but the only company I know of is rock river arms. However you can only purchase a complete rifle at this time

kbd512 03-27-2013 08:47 AM

Sarge,

There's a guy named Mike Otte who runs a company called Michael's Machines (also does HK belt-fed work) who makes receivers that accept AK magazines and drums that feed AR-15 uppers. The lowers look like they accept standard mil-spec parts except there's no bolt release lever and your mag release is also, obviously, a lever. You'd have to contact him for specifics.

The website for the product is as follows:

www.ar-47.com

I'm sure that's not the only AK mag AR lower out there, but it's one example. The LAR-47 that Rock River sells has the mag release inside the trigger guard. The 47 lower made by MM has the lever in front of the trigger guard. Neither have a bolt release lever.

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-27-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbd512
Sarge,

There's a guy named Mike Otte who runs a company called Michael's Machines (also does HK belt-fed work) who makes receivers that accept AK magazines and drums that feed AR-15 uppers. The lowers look like they accept standard mil-spec parts except there's no bolt release lever and your mag release is also, obviously, a lever. You'd have to contact him for specifics.

The website for the product is as follows:

www.ar-47.com

I'm sure that's not the only AK mag AR lower out there, but it's one example. The LAR-47 that Rock River sells has the mag release inside the trigger guard. The 47 lower made by MM has the lever in front of the trigger guard. Neither have a bolt release lever.

Thanks, I think I ran across that site last night. My other issue is that I'm in Komifornia and I have to have the B.S bullet button

purehavoc 03-27-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 (Post 1192560)
Thanks, I think I ran across that site last night. My other issue is that I'm in Komifornia and I have to have the B.S bullet button

I suppose your probably out of luck on that lower having to use the bullet button . That guy is just about 2 hrs from me . I sent him a email about the lower pricing , bolt mod and upper mod pricing , I have the opportunity to purchase a 7.62X39 upper for cheap that wont run on a AR lower very well it runs less than 50% of the time with a 20 rd steel mag anything over 7 rds in the mag and it chokes , might be a good opportunity to get one built finally