Which AR???? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Which AR????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Sounds like you got a hell of a deal on that.

Clean the hell out of it.

My barrel was filthy inside.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 AM   #32

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoAmmoPlease View Post
The plot thickens a bit as I have found that anything I do get must be in compliance. No collapsable stock but I'm having trouble decyphering what else that entails. I HOPE it doesn't mean a fixed mag. I sure don't mind 10 rounds for general use but hey you never know. Do they even make them with a fixed 10 round mag or would they accept a larger capacity mag when the laws change?? Maybe I will just get the RR Predator. Not much room for doodads but a nice piece of glass and it might be an OK yote gun. What the heck!! We can't hunt anything with a rifle here except yotes anyway. This will be more like a fun at the range plinker rather than anything else. I would still pick up the 20g with 3" #4 buck for in house use anyway. Small light and will make most people RUN!!

I tried reading the attorney general's rules but you have to be a lawyer to digest that crap..

Pete's mailbox was full so I will try him again up in Hampton.

Could anyone tell me the LOP of a average stocked AR???

TY again gentleman!!!
In most states, like f'n NJ compliant usually means post-ban. In short no collapsible stock, flash suppressor or bayonet lug. That pretty much rules out most A2/M4 configurations unless its built to be compliant. YMMV check with a local dealer as recommended, they will know for sure what you can buy and will stock it. One of the big drawbacks with online ordering is the magazine. I have been told by several online dealers that even if a rifle ships with no evil gun features I cannot have it shipped to NJ if it has a 30rnd mag from the manufacturer. The seller is not permitted to open the box and throw the mag away, trust me I have asked.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Sounds like you got a hell of a deal on that.

Clean the hell out of it.

My barrel was filthy inside.

Looked through the entire manual and nothing on barrel break in. I will however take your advise and give it a thourough cleaning before hitting the range this weekend.

Thanks again for the advise and my appologies to the OP for highjacking his thread.