Which AR???? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Which AR????


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,198
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Just got off the phone with RRA. They are back ordered two months on the sale rifles. The sales rep told me they did not anticipate the kind of response they got to the sale.

I'm not impulsive but I don't want to wait 2 months maybe more to get my new black rifle.
hey....if you are going to have someone order it in for you, have them order it from here:

PK Firearms

IF they show something on their site, it is IN STOCK scroll down towards the bottom of that link and I believe they have all 3 RRA's that are on sale.

Slo
slowryde45 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Default

Call Pete and talk to him. Have your questions ready when you call because Pete doesn't mess around.

He will take care of you though.

AR15 Sales

I am telling you Call Pete and see what he has in stock at this time.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,014
Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
hey....if you are going to have someone order it in for you, have them order it from here:

PK Firearms

IF they show something on their site, it is IN STOCK scroll down towards the bottom of that link and I believe they have all 3 RRA's that are on sale.

Slo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Call Pete and talk to him. Have your questions ready when you call because Pete doesn't mess around.

He will take care of you though.


AR15 Sales

I am telling you Call Pete and see what he has in stock at this time.
Thanks fella's .. I'm going to check with both of them.. I do have a local FFL that will allow me to get one shipped to him for a $15 fee (unbeatable in my area).
TheOldMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Default

$15 transfer fee man must be nice. Mine was $75 +$2 state fee.

But in that $75 I got to shoot the bull for about an hour with the gun counter guys and a sheriff. They also have plenty of used guns on the rack and I think I am going to start saving for either a Marlin lever gun in 45-70 or a cooper in 6mmbr.

Last edited by cpttango30; 03-16-2010 at 06:05 PM.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,014
Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
$15 transfer fee man must be nice. Mine was $75 +$2 state fee.

But in that $75 I got to shoot the bull for about an hour with the gun counter guys and a sheriff. They also have plenty of used guns on the rack and I think I am going to start saving for either a Marlin lever gun in 45-70 or a cooper in 6mmbr.
Yes sir it is pretty nice. Most other FFL's are charging $30 to $50 in my area.

Please indulge me one last time guys. Before I jump in with both feet and arms, Is the RRA better enough to go through the trouble of getting it ordered over the Bushmaster or the DPMS ? It's kind of a gift horse in the mouth sort of thing. I'm feeling kinda bad that I'm going around my regular guy to get this RRA. I know he'll give me a great deal on the BM and or the DPMS rifles that he's got in the store. Both are set up like the RRA cept for the free scope mount.

What say you ??
TheOldMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,198
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Yes sir it is pretty nice. Most other FFL's are charging $30 to $50 in my area.

Please indulge me one last time guys. Before I jump in with both feet and arms, Is the RRA better enough to go through the trouble of getting it ordered over the Bushmaster or the DPMS ? It's kind of a gift horse in the mouth sort of thing. I'm feeling kinda bad that I'm going around my regular guy to get this RRA. I know he'll give me a great deal on the BM and or the DPMS rifles that he's got in the store. Both are set up like the RRA cept for the free scope mount.

What say you ??
Choosing between those 3, I would say go for the RRA, especially with the deal they have going on. Nothing against BM or DPMS, as I also own a few of each, as well as RRA, but I think the fit and finish on the Rock River is a bit better than the other two. If you can get either of those other two at a better price (see if he will 'sweeten' the deal), then I wouldn't be afraid to go with one of those. If no, then definitely the RRA.

And..that's a fantastic deal on the transfer, too. There is one guy in our area who will do transfers for $10 (IF you are a regular), otherwise he does them for $25. But he is on the other side of town from me, so by the time I drive over to see him, I've spent about as much as my local guy charges

But as Tango said, Pete with AR15Sales.com is a great guy to do biz with, too. And I would have recommended him first, (I recommended him to Tango ) but I wasn't sure if he had the RRA models in stock. With PK Firearms, they show what they have in stock on their site. So I was sure about them. But definitely give Pete a call, ask what he might have in stock. Another brand that he carries that would be a good choice, too, is the STAG line. You might tell him what price point you would like to stay at, keep in mind your transfer fee and any shipping charges, and ask him what he might suggest. He might have other deals available.

Slo
slowryde45 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Default

My RRA is so tight it reminded me of the movie 40 year old Virgin.

In the instructions they tell you to get the chamber flag or a nylon hammer to get the pins in and out the first few times on the RRA. I was amazed at just how nice and tight the RRA fit was. a million times better than any m-16 I had ever had.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,014
Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Well guys... In the end, customer loyalty won the day with me. I became a member of the black rifle club and walked out with a new Bushmaster M4 with the A3 upper and the A2 removable carry handle. What sealed tjhe dael while on the phone with the shop was my friend threw in a couple 30 rd PMAG's and three boxes of ammo. Got everything for around 1k out the door.

Main thing is I feel happy with the deal. Thank you guys for your help here and I apologize if I seemed wishy washy with my decision. Most money I've layed out for any gun since I bought my S&W 500 several years ago.

I'll post pictures and range report after a bit in another thread. I am certain this will not remain a stock" gun for very long. My shop has too many add-ons for me to ignore..
TheOldMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,198
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Well guys... In the end, customer loyalty won the day with me. I became a member of the black rifle club and walked out with a new Bushmaster M4 with the A3 upper and the A2 removable carry handle. What sealed tjhe dael while on the phone with the shop was my friend threw in a couple 30 rd PMAG's and three boxes of ammo. Got everything for around 1k out the door.

Main thing is I feel happy with the deal. Thank you guys for your help here and I apologize if I seemed wishy washy with my decision. Most money I've layed out for any gun since I bought my S&W 500 several years ago.

I'll post pictures and range report after a bit in another thread. I am certain this will not remain a stock" gun for very long. My shop has too many add-ons for me to ignore..
no apologies necessary. Welcome to the SUR club.

Sounds like a decent deal, but the main thing is....as long as you are happy with what you got, then nothing else matters, right?

Like I said in my earlier post, see if he will 'sweeten' the deal, and going with your local guy, there is no waiting for shipping or transfers or any of that. Pmags are always a good choice, and 3 boxes of ammo to help you get out and break it in, heck of a deal. So you did good.

Now take it home, read through the manual, figure out where and what everything is and does, and give it a good cleaning and lube BEFORE you take it out to shoot. Some will even tell you to run a wet mop through the barrel after every shot, for about the first 10-20 shots, then after the next 5-10, etc. I think BM's manual has something about barrel break-in procedures, too. But the main thing is, making sure you give it the initial cleaning and lube (did I mention to LUBE it?) Specially the BOLT CARRIER GROUP, if you've been following along with some of the other posts, you might try MOBIL 1 synthetic motor oil, for your primary lube. Don't laugh - it works, and works well.

Take lots of pics and let us know how it works out for you.

Slo
slowryde45 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,390
Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Nice....really good choice! You're gonna have a lot of fun with that stick.
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads