AR-15 wish list - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 wish list

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1107 Times on 777 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

Hmmm, your rifle box has a blue LED PC power supply?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #12

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Yeah storing my cold steel in style.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #13

Liked 336 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

IIRC Samson has a FF tube that goes around the FSB. Honestly tho, go with a dissapator look. Extended rifle length handgaurds, its super sesci.....

heres a pic of one i just built.....for a friend.....

Last edited by AgentTikki; 02-27-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #14

I actually like the 15" on a 16" barrel....like a long slinky dress with just the ankels peeking out....I'll try to find a picture of it.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
IIRC Samson has a FF tube that goes around the FSB. Honestly tho, go with a dissapator look. Extended rifle length handgaurds, its super sesci.....

heres a pic of one i just built.....for a friend.....

I Really like that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
I actually like the 15" on a 16" barrel....like a long slinky dress with just the ankels peeking out....I'll try to find a picture of it.
Yes, exactly lol

Old 02-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #16

So I like this alot but I dont see the money there to justify it for me. Id just as soon buy a magpul one and be done with it 1/5th the cost

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/9-75311

Can anyone recommend one but slightly cheaper? I dont mind being paying for good stuff but I just dont need that kind of rail. Im not building a 1/4" moa gun on this platform.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1267 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 546

ArrizX, honestly, if you aren't shooting past 200 yards a free float tube is a waste of time and money. That said, the Troy rail is a sold lightweight free float option that puts rail where you need it and doesn't unnecessarily add extra weight in the form of unnecessary Picatinny rail.

I guess a good question would be what you hope to accomplish by adding all that stuff to your carbine?

I can understand the rail for mounting a white light, but wouldn't an optic, sling, rear BUIS, and white light be more important than all the cool "go fast" stuff?

It's your carbine and your money, but what will adding all that stuff do for you, apart from cosmetic appearances.

From the photos of your M&P, here's what I would buy (assuming you don't already have it):

1. Sling (I like MagPul and Blue Force Gear single/dual setups, but get whatever sling works for you and your intended use).

2. Rear BUIS to replace the heavy carry handle.

3. SureFire white light. I have no problem drilling through the plastic in the handguard and like the GG&G white light mount. It saves time and money playing with rail systems that you ultimately will gain little benefit from. I like the X300, but any purpose built weaponlight from them is good to go. The Scout is my second choice.

4. Red Dot optic from Aimpoint or EoTech (XPS models only). I like the Aimpoint for the battery life and its ability to take a licking, but either one will work.

5. MagPul CTR stock. The MagPul stocks generally just work and the CTR model has a friction lock to minimize the wobble of the stock on the buffer tube.

6. MagPul or BCM Gunfighter grip. I don't know of anybody who does not have pretty small hands who finds it comfortable or ergonomic to make contact with the trigger using the tip of the trigger finger with a normal firing grip on the mil-spec A2 grip. The Gunfighter grip reduces the grip angle just like the MOE K grip, making the firing grip more comfortable for extended periods of time. MagPul is supposed to release a beefier, more MOE/MIAD like reduced angle grip sometime this year. I'd wait for one that product's release is you don't like the Gunfighter grip.

In any event, sling, BUIS, white light. Optic would be gravy. The rest of the stuff is nice to have, but not required.

Please tell us what you want to use the rifle for.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #18

Depends on what your intended use is.

I do agree tho, a standard handguard on a delta ring and fixed sight base really isn't going make a big poi change. FF tubes and rails are mostly for looks, secondly they can be more comfortable to hold, they do increase accuracy a bit, and personally I just think they really look cool.

BTW Troy is good to go, just be sure to try and get the Alpha series, to use a standard barrel nut. Also I prefere the way the VTAC series looks, slots versus polka dots, but that's just me.

Check out

Samson Evolution
Midwest Industries SS Generation 2
Fortis
Noveske NSR
Geissele SMR Mark 2
Rainier Arms Samson Evo rails.

Just a note....most 11" and up models are VERY difficult to find. right now. I've been looking for a 15" for WEEKS!!!!