AR-15 @ WAL-MART under 500bucks... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 @ WAL-MART under 500bucks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dang, they're high rollin' at our Wal-Mart then. They had a Sig and a Bushmaster on the top shelf when I was in there a couple of weeks ago. I think they wanted $1K for the Sig, $900 for the Bushmaster. I was rather surprised they had any "assault" rifles in the store. Then again, some people could use some assaulting like the folks that drive the scooters right down the middle of every aisle because they're the only ones shopping!! Makes me want to sneak up behind them and hit the off switch. Anyway, sorry to jack your thread with a little rant.

Steve

Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #22

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1028

243, you're never going to see an assault rifle for sale in Walmart! But the US Army will let you sign up and play with one...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #23

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

We have 4 Wally Worlds in the area here and only 1 has long guns. I don't know why that is but it doesn't make any dang sense. I have to go to the one that's 40 mins away if I wanna browse their selection.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #24

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
243, you're never going to see an assault rifle for sale in Walmart! But the US Army will let you sign up and play with one...
Yep no assault rifles at Wal-mart, just semi-autos. Hey if you'll pay $200 and then a couple thousand you could own one though. Or join the army.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:15 AM   #25

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

I'm going to try to explain this without sounding like a rant. Is anyone here old enough to remember when K Mart was the Nations # 1 seller of gun and ammo? Do we have any true fossils who remember when Sears held this distinction?

Now class, can anyone tell me why Sears and K Mart both made corporate decisions to STOP carrying guns and ammo?

You boys think about that for a minute. Now, ask yourselves WHERE your going to turn for your next gun purchase AFTER your quest for the bottom dollar price has driven all independent FFL's from the market, Wal Mart refuses to recieve the transfer for the gun you bought online, and 1 mass shooting causes the remaining Wal Mart's of the world to follow the same path as K Mart and Sears..

NO. I'm not an FFL. I don't earn a living selling anything gun related. And within my lifetime YOU WAL MART SHOPPING ASS CLOWNS are going to ensure that MH ****ty neighborhood Wal Mart is the only place I can even handle a gun I'm considering buying.

Now, F Wal Mart and spend your money with people who ACTUALLY NEED GUN SALES TO SURVIVE.

Oops, guess it still turned into a rant.

Support your independent FFL's.

Tack

Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Sears, JC Penney, LLBean, Herters, Flaig,Hi Hunter, Golden Gate, Montgomery Wards, Aldens, Western Auto were all big gun dealers long before there was a K Mart. Kliens Sporting Goods was one of the best mail order gun suppliers. Lee Harvy Oswald bought his 6.5 Italian carbine with a Weaver Scope from Klines for $19.00. This was when you could buy firearms thru the U.S. Mail. LBJ passed the 1968 Ominibus Crime Bill. One of the new laws in it banned mail order firearms. Mail Order firearms were blamed for the death of JFK. This put an end to the big catalog houses and guns sales.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #27

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Yeah Tack,K Mart was the place I bought my first remington 7400 along with $59.00-Mosin's,$69.00-SKS's & $300.00 FAL's

ZARES was another great department store that sold guns.

Your right about WALMART driving all ''american stores'' out!

I have never bought a firearm from WALMART, (just ammo). I look for that made in USA label,which is starting to get very hard to find.Items that have the WINCHESTER name,have made in china on them

I was wondering about that 500dollar AR-15

If they were a good rifle,no matter where it was made or purchased from.I couldnt pass a deal like that up

I will always buy firearms local-mom & pop gunshops,pawn shops & via interwebs,better selection & cheaper for the most part.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #28

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I have a hard time seeing Sig quality go down just to get them in walmart stores , I know I wouldnt want to bastardize my business buy putting a mediocre product in walmart with a name like Sig on it .
Walmart has buying power and that makes their prices lower regardless if it comes from China or the US . Any dealer can order 50 guns and get a good price but walmart has 8970 locations , now put a order in for 9000 AR 15s of one brand in and see how deep the discounts get. Maybe their not up to the same quality who knows? , all I know is that with the kind of buying power they have and a great gun manufacturer like Sig they wont be making generic guns for Walmart and ruining their own reputation.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I'm going to try to explain this without sounding like a rant. Is anyone here old enough to remember when K Mart was the Nations # 1 seller of gun and ammo? Do we have any true fossils who remember when Sears held this distinction?

Now class, can anyone tell me why Sears and K Mart both made corporate decisions to STOP carrying guns and ammo?

You boys think about that for a minute. Now, ask yourselves WHERE your going to turn for your next gun purchase AFTER your quest for the bottom dollar price has driven all independent FFL's from the market, Wal Mart refuses to recieve the transfer for the gun you bought online, and 1 mass shooting causes the remaining Wal Mart's of the world to follow the same path as K Mart and Sears..

NO. I'm not an FFL. I don't earn a living selling anything gun related. And within my lifetime YOU WAL MART SHOPPING ASS CLOWNS are going to ensure that MH ****ty neighborhood Wal Mart is the only place I can even handle a gun I'm considering buying.

Now, F Wal Mart and spend your money with people who ACTUALLY NEED GUN SALES TO SURVIVE.

Oops, guess it still turned into a rant.

Support your independent FFL's.

Tack
I AGREE 100%! I don't buy Ammo and I have NEVER bought a gun from Walmart! I try to give my business to all independent stores (mom an pop) or to a place like midwest USA that specializes in guns. Walmart and other big box stores are what is wrong with this country! If they wouldn't keep buying the cheap crap from China to fill there stores people might have a few jobs in America.

Sorry I'm ranting so I'll stop now I just get so ticked off thinking about the subject. Lol
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #30

Liked 225 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
I remember buying a couple of guns from Sears and Roebucks. One was a Ted Williams shotgun, and the other was a Springfield M1 carbine. Sold em later for twice what I paid. I didn't have enough at the time to buy an SP1, as I was super broke.
Woulda been worth some dough now.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin