AR-15 Troubleshooting ...? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 Troubleshooting ...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm new to AR's but I think I can punch a couple of pins an pull the trigger group & replace it. If not you'll hear me screem. Like I said, I'm new to AR's but I've had a few guns in pieces before.....and survived it.

I'll let you know if I find any foreign **** in the cavity below.

I still may go with the 3# Timney also.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #12

I'm having the same problem with mine,and it new. I only shot 40 rounds.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #13

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS View Post
I'm new to AR's but I think I can punch a couple of pins an pull the trigger group & replace it. If not you'll hear me screem. Like I said, I'm new to AR's but I've had a few guns in pieces before.....and survived it.

I'll let you know if I find any foreign **** in the cavity below.

I still may go with the 3# Timney also.
It actually is as easy as it looks or seems, I have zero experience when I built my first AR. I would buy an ACT QMS trigger and replace the original. I think timminey is overrated if your not doing long range precision shooting with the ar

Old 11-03-2013, 03:16 AM   #14

Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Good luck and hope you find your problem, which seems to correspond with the Springs and their Leg positions. Also when done don't forget a good amount of OIL in the Trigger Group to keep things limbered up.
Also, being New to AR's, DO NOT Dry Fire the Rifle without the Upper attached, OR your Finger in front of Hammer to keep from breaking/cracking the Cross Rib of the Lower that the Hammer will slam up against when you pull the Trigger for testing. You might get by with one time of this mistake, but the 2nd time could destroy the Lower.
Myself, I wouldn't Dry Fire even if the Upper was installed without some Hammer protection for it to slam up against---like some thick Rubber, soft Plastic, Leather, but that's just me. Metal on Metal just tells me things just won't go right.
Del

Old 11-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Check the disconnector spring for dirt in the spring. Had this happen once, caused an intermittent FTF problem like the one you have.