AR 15 slick sided upper
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR 15 slick sided upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default AR 15 slick sided upper

Does any know of someone that sells a slick sided AR upper receivers? No case deflector or FA but with port cover. I want to put an AR together like the one I shot in basic in 1967. Also a BCG without the FA notches and if not would one for the FA work. Like the picture without the auto position.

forumrunner_20130929_123040.jpg

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #2

Liked 2401 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 540

Nodak Spud was making some slick sided uppers a few years ago. Don't know if they are still available. They were also making slick lowers that didn't have the fence around the mag release. The notched carriers will still work, and I have no idea where to find one without the FA notches, other than hunting used, surplus parts.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #3

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
Does any know of someone that sells a slick sided AR upper receivers? No case deflector or FA but with port cover. I want to put an AR together like the one I shot in basic in 1967. Also a BCG without the FA notches and if not would one for the FA work. Like the picture without the auto position.

Attachment 120613
Fulton Armory was selling slickside BCG's. Don't know about now. I see a few retro look uppers every now and again at a gun show, but they are always a darker color than the original. The Viet Nam era handguards were glossy; the retro look ones will be matte. Best bet is to get an upper and lower CNC'd, then anodize and color them together, so it won't look like a redneck build. That way you will get more if you decide to sell it later. Either that, or if you can find an upper, strip the anodizing off both of them and do it over again. You can try www.gunbroker.com and see if you can find an original there. They will want premium bucks if you go that route.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by fsted2a; 09-30-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

I think dpms makes slick side uppers.

I've got an old colt sp1 slick side wish I could find a slick side railed upper

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #5

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I think dpms makes slick side uppers.

I've got an old colt sp1 slick side wish I could find a slick side railed upper
If I am not mistaken, the OP is looking for an SP1 replica. Fulton Armory was making them a while back, but I don't think they carry them anymore.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin