Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   AR 15 Scopes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-15-scopes-81074/)

Squawk 01-12-2013 06:01 AM

I'm looking to put a scope on my AR. Main things are being compact and affordable. Then reliable and durable (holds zero). Mainly gonna be plinking and hunting varmint. 300 yard max range most likely. Like to keep it in the $300 range. Suggestions?

Size is important to me. I sold a Nikon M223 4-16 because it was heavy and too big.

purehavoc 01-12-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1090326)
I'm looking to put a scope on my AR. Main things are being compact and affordable. Then reliable and durable (holds zero). Mainly gonna be plinking and hunting varmint. 300 yard max range most likely. Like to keep it in the $300 range. Suggestions?

Size is important to me. I sold a Nikon M223 4-16 because it was heavy and too big.

For 300 yards u really don't need over 4x . I just bought a Nikon African and love it . Great scope. Crystal clear and rugged .

locutus 01-12-2013 03:51 PM

Take a look at the little Leupold 1.25-4X20. Light, small, perfect power range. About $425 and well worth it.

www.swfa.com

Squawk 01-13-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus
Take a look at the little Leupold 1.25-4X20. Light, small, perfect power range. About $425 and well worth it.

www.swfa.com

Ordered the Mark AR 1.5-4x20 with the SPR Firedot reticle. Thanks for the help.

locutus 01-17-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1091772)
Ordered the Mark AR 1.5-4x20 with the SPR Firedot reticle. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome!:):)

brngiese 01-17-2013 01:54 AM

What do y'all recommend for a mini red dot sight?

locutus 01-17-2013 01:56 AM

Aimpoint PRO (Patrol rifle optic)

brngiese 01-17-2013 02:06 AM

It will be mounted on a fixed handle ar

Squawk 01-17-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus

You're welcome!:):)

Well the idiots at Optics Planet told me it was in stock and then said it was backordered. So I cancelled my order and got a Primary Arms Red Dot instead

brngiese 01-17-2013 03:09 PM

Rmr vs deltapoint? What do y'all think?


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.