Ar-15 question for today! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ar-15 question for today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess again... they cleaned the carrier with kerosene or diesel, didn't thoroughly remove the residue, it vaporized inside the carrier and ignited when the gas came through the key?

Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #22

Liked 780 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Primer was pierced or ejected from case during firing. Entire charge exited thru rear of chamber into bolt head.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #23

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Let me guess... that was one of Chuck Norris' hand loads for his BB gun (Can't have enough of these Chuck Norris jokes on the internet, you knew it was coming)

Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #24

Liked 2433 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 553

If we are going to introduce Chuck Norris into the equation then I would guess someone pointed the rifle at Chuck but the bullet got scared and decided it was safer to go out the back of the rifle.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #25

Liked 250 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
If we are going to introduce Chuck Norris into the equation then I would guess someone pointed the rifle at Chuck but the bullet got scared and decided it was safer to go out the back of the rifle.
Cheeeeeeeeeeeesy.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #26

Liked 2433 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Cheeeeeeeeeeeesy.
Quattro formaggi, cheesy. But isn't that the nature if CN jokes?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #27

Liked 1147 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

I think its about time that someone fed us all the answer to this mystery but I still saying no cam pin and it never locked into battery

Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #28

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

We are out of guessess we. Want answers !!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #29
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2980 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1505

Havoc,
Sorry the cam pin was not in the photo it was bent in a moon shape. I lost it somewhere before the photo. But leaving it out could cause a major problem as you stated.
The other point, one advised the rifle may have fired out of battery. I will give you a little lesson hint here. Normally when the AR or M Rifle fires out of battery the parts will have a reddish looking residue on the parts. This is caused by when the rifle fires out of battery the hot gasses since the bolt was not locked into battery cause the moisture in the air to actual cause a rusting action on the parts almost immediately. Ultra hot gasses and moisture in the air cause this. SO it will look like the bolt and various parts have like an iron ore (Reddish Brown) colored rust on it. If it has a catastrophic event (BLOW UP) with the bolt in battery at the time of the shot you will not get this rust colored residue on the parts. In this case it has none. So we confirm that the rifle was in battery when it went! So Drum ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOLL!
Here is the answer to the issue!
CLEANING PATC!
The receiver as I advised was in 5 pieces! I will forward pics of it when I get a chance soon!
The Barrel also had signs of the pressure in the bore about 2 inches from the muzzle cased by damage occurring to the Lands and Grooves (Rifling!) Believe it or not? No visible bulge in the barrel!
The operator was rushing to do a quick clean on the rifle being back late for lunch prior to class starting. Cleaned his bore as the instructor was calling for him to get out on the line they were ready to start. As the operator ran the final cleaning patch through the bore he thought for sure he had shoved it out of the Flash Hider due to the fact a patch was laying on the floor. What actually happen the rod pulled the patch back up into the bore and from what I could determine pulled it almost all the way back to the chamber. And then the rod came out of the receiver with no patch on the tip. The further the projectile (Bullet) pushed the patch up the bore the tighter it got and the more the pressure increased. The very first shot and you know the rest of the story! Moral of the story! Never get in a hurry and assume anything. And if anything at all does not seem or sound right don't shoot it another time until you check it out. Always be absolutely shure the bore is clear.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #30

Liked 1147 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Havoc,
Sorry the cam pin was not in the photo it was bent in a moon shape. I lost it somewhere before the photo. But leaving it out could cause a major problem as you stated.
The other point, one advised the rifle may have fired out of battery. I will give you a little lesson hint here. Normally when the AR or M Rifle fires out of battery the parts will have a reddish looking residue on the parts. This is caused by when the rifle fires out of battery the hot gasses since the bolt was not locked into battery cause the moisture in the air to actual cause a rusting action on the parts almost immediately. Ultra hot gasses and moisture in the air cause this. SO it will look like the bolt and various parts have like an iron ore (Reddish Brown) colored rust on it. If it has a catastrophic event (BLOW UP) with the bolt in battery at the time of the shot you will not get this rust colored residue on the parts. In this case it has none. So we confirm that the rifle was in battery when it went! So Drum ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOLL!
Here is the answer to the issue!
CLEANING PATC!
The receiver as I advised was in 5 pieces! I will forward pics of it when I get a chance soon!
The Barrel also had signs of the pressure in the bore about 2 inches from the muzzle cased by damage occurring to the Lands and Grooves (Rifling!) Believe it or not? No visible bulge in the barrel!
The operator was rushing to do a quick clean on the rifle being back late for lunch prior to class starting. Cleaned his bore as the instructor was calling for him to get out on the line they were ready to start. As the operator ran the final cleaning patch through the bore he thought for sure he had shoved it out of the Flash Hider due to the fact a patch was laying on the floor. What actually happen the rod pulled the patch back up into the bore and from what I could determine pulled it almost all the way back to the chamber. And then the rod came out of the receiver with no patch on the tip. The further the projectile (Bullet) pushed the patch up the bore the tighter it got and the more the pressure increased. The very first shot and you know the rest of the story! Moral of the story! Never get in a hurry and assume anything. And if anything at all does not seem or sound right don't shoot it another time until you check it out. Always be absolutely shure the bore is clear.

wow wow wow !!!!!I would have never guessed a patch as a barrel obstruction would have ever caused that much damage . Absolutely insane . Glad the operator was ok but that poor rifle is forever doomed . What brand was the rifle ? Hope that wasnt someones $2000 prized possession