AR-15 price's - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 price's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

ADDAX is great people. I spent a good 2 hours there looking at the new piston setups. Spoke to the owner at length, his name escapes me) he was knowledgeable, and courteous, and genuinely excited about his wares. It was a pleasure talking to him, but I decided to stay with DI. I would have gladly given him my hard earned cash.

Where in CA are you?

Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #12

Thanks for all your responses. I'll take all this info into consideration on what route to take, Thanks again.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #13

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I went with the S&W M&P sport and love this AR. Sure it don't have a dust cover or forward assist but for $685 you can't beat it. I did add several MagPul goodies on it which ran the price up a bit. But I would of done the same with a $1000 AR. So it was no biggie, just check it out and throughout the net or sales. I see several AR's that look sweet and functional. IMO if you own a AR no matter what brand your an A OK GUY in my book lol.

image-115846731.jpg  

S&W M&P Sport
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MOE Grip
B.A.D lever
Bi Pod
Ladder rails
Quad rails
Single point sling/ Adaptor
Red Dot, light & Laser
Fore Grip

Old 09-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
I went with the S&W M&P sport and love this AR. Sure it don't have a dust cover or forward assist but for $685 you can't beat it. I did add several MagPul goodies on it which ran the price up a bit. But I would of done the same with a $1000 AR. So it was no biggie, just check it out and throughout the net or sales. I see several AR's that look sweet and functional. IMO if you own a AR no matter what brand your an A OK GUY in my book lol.
Actually you CAN beat it. As in a dpms oracle for under $600. Ohh and it does have a dust cover and a forward assist. Ive shot dpms, bushmaster, s&w, colt, and i own an armalite ar. Ive fired and seen fired multiple thousands of rounds through each. I have yet to see a malfunction in any of them

Old 09-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #15

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I agree in most that the price can be beat but IMO I like the S&W. This post isn't one to bash other AR's it's a post to show someone options in the market.

S&W M&P Sport
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MOE Grip
B.A.D lever
Bi Pod
Ladder rails
Quad rails
Single point sling/ Adaptor
Red Dot, light & Laser
Fore Grip

Old 09-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
I agree in most that the price can be beat but IMO I like the S&W. This post isn't one to bash other AR's it's a post to show someone options in the market.
Agreed. The smith is a great weapon. Im just pointing out that in my experience, when used for range duty and home defense, one is no better than another. They all work great. Money saved on gun=money to be spent on ammo. My armalite cost $1200. Does it work any better than a $595 dpms? No, it does not. if you are going to iraq, you want a better one, but you probably wont be buying or supplying your own either.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #17
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

To save some money, you can buy the upper from an out of state dealer and have it shipped to your house. You will avoid sales tax for the upper. For the lower, you can buy local or from a dealer out of state, your local FFL will still be required to collect sales tax on the lower, even if it was an out of state purchase that was DROSed through them...same goes for a complete rifle. In your circumstance, unless the same rifle is considerably cheaper than the sum of it's upper and lower, buy them separate.

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #18

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
Actually you CAN beat it (S&W M&P Sport). As in a dpms oracle for under $600...
If we're talking low price I'd take the Sport or better yet a PSA any day over the Oracle.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #19

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

I recently ordered all the parts for my first personal build and picked up a lower at my lgs. It's full mil-spec with chrome lined heavy barrel. I have a grand total of 700 even in it

Old 09-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

If we're talking low price I'd take the Sport or better yet a PSA any day over the Oracle.
To each their own. Like i said before. Ive shot a few thousand through the m&p and the oracle in addition to a few other brands. Each will perform right alongside my armalite that cost twice as much. I do not feel either (sport or oracle) is any better than the other. They are both outstanding. And neither gives up a lick of performance to the armalite. If i had it to do over again, i would save the money and go with the oracle because it is the absolute lowest price i can find. I cant even build one myself for that price.