AR-15 Palm Shel Grip - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 Palm Shel Grip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Yeah the guard looks right. Not singling you out, it's just we've seen it all here!

Weird the mag wouldn't fit.

Don't know about the DPMS stock and CTD, maybe getting something else is better in the long run?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Yeah the guard looks right. Not singling you out, it's just we've seen it all here!

Weird the mag wouldn't fit.

Don't know about the DPMS stock and CTD, maybe getting something else is better in the long run?
Believe me I understand. The guy I bought the lower from put of few springs on the hammer and trigger for me. Thought it would help. Lol he put them on backwards. I thought I did pretty good for never doing it before. With the help of YouTube of course. Scratch a tiny tiny part where the trigger guard is. Other than that flawless. Still haven't done the bolt release and obviously the parts held in by the stock. Anyone have any recommendations on mags they like? Polymer? Steel? Pmags? I might buy one spendy one, in case I feel the need to hunt with the thing. Just looking for good range mags. Preferably without a huge lip.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #13

Not sure if I mentioned, but another site was able to ship the ergo grip.

image-2016031872.png  

Old 01-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #14

It's pretty hard to beat good milspec aluminum mags and they tend to fit everything. PMAGs too but they can be tight in some magwells, though I haven't seen it myself.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Bravo Co. Arms has some nice alum mags w/ magpul followers for an alright price.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
Bravo Co. Arms has some nice alum mags w/ magpul followers for an alright price.
I'll def check them out. So aluminum is the way to go?

Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #17

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Being a fellow kommieforian, get mags from ExileMachinine.com

They will ship any ar/ak mag high capacity or 10 round to you at no additionl charge. I think last I check they have pmags for $12 each. They wil diassemble they into rebuild kits for free.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Being a fellow kommieforian, get mags from ExileMachinine.com

They will ship any ar/ak mag high capacity or 10 round to you at no additionl charge. I think last I check they have pmags for $12 each. They wil diassemble they into rebuild kits for free.
Since when was a 30rd mag high cap.? I always thought they were regular cap. A 10rd mag is low cap, correct?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Since when was a 30rd mag high cap.? I always thought they were regular cap. A 10rd mag is low cap, correct?
Yeah, you guys in CA gotta get out of there, find a place where standard cap is the norm!

______

Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Here in Cali anything over 10 is considered hi-cap. Lol Very unfortunate!!! And I believe they just passed a few more handgun laws as well.