Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 Mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 01:43 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4 View Post
that's hilarious. will they send these "kits" to us patriots in the People's Republic of New York?
If they meet our laws, I'm sure they meet yours. I e-mailed him and asked if there was any legal way for me to attain mags for Cali residents. He said no, but I can send you repair kits, so you can fix the mags that you already. He then explained the content of the repair kits.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #22

In response to question about the polymer mags: I love the MagPul. The price is right (about $12 from Brownells) and they function perfectly. I picked some up last November for training and beat them pretty hard. They are solid and high quality. They are already equipped with the anti tilt follower and the feed lips aren't prone to deforation like aluminum. I loaned a few out during training to some SWAT guys and they decided they would buy some. I am not a SWAT officer, but I carry an AR on duty and have logged a lot of time on the range as a firearms instructor when I was on active duty. I have used about every brand available except the HK's and the MagPuls are my favorite.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 06-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #23

In response to question about the polymer mags: I love the MagPul. The price is right (about $12 from Brownells) and they function perfectly. I picked some up last November for training and beat them pretty hard. They are solid and high quality. They are already equipped with the anti tilt follower and the feed lips aren't prone to deformation like aluminum. I loaned a few out during training to some SWAT guys and they decided they would buy some. I am not a SWAT officer, but I carry an AR on duty and have logged a lot of time on the range as a firearms instructor when I was on active duty. I have used about every brand available except the HK's and the MagPuls are my favorite.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
In response to question about the polymer mags: I love the MagPul. The price is right (about $12 from Brownells) and they function perfectly. I picked some up last November for training and beat them pretty hard. They are solid and high quality. They are already equipped with the anti tilt follower and the feed lips aren't prone to deformation like aluminum. I loaned a few out during training to some SWAT guys and they decided they would buy some. I am not a SWAT officer, but I carry an AR on duty and have logged a lot of time on the range as a firearms instructor when I was on active duty. I have used about every brand available except the HK's and the MagPuls are my favorite.
Thanks for the info jeep - I might have to pick up a few and see how they run based on your experience with them...

JD

Old 06-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #25

Dillinger- From what I see in your posts you seem to be in pretty good at a shop. I don't know if you are aware but Brownells has discounts for FFL holders and armorers. The retail on the magpuls from them is $14.95, with the discount they are $12.97. You may not like them as much as I do, but I can bet you won't be disappointed with them. Even being polymer, they are more "solid" feeling than the aluminum and when you see the feed lips, you'll notice they are very well formed and strong as opposed to the aluminum ones that are just bent to "close enough". If I had one complaint it would be the way they fit in my Cav Arms lower, a little wiggle but still feeds perfectly. I understand the Cav lower mag well is cut to a different countour to accept .45 ACP mags for Olympic's .45 upper so I am sure this is part of the reason they fit a little loose. They lock in place fine, they can just be moved about 1/8" or so side to side, but not fore and aft. They fit very well in my Stag, DPMS and Essential lowers. I also like them for a strange reason: when in a hurry or in the dark and trying to find the mag well by feel they don't ding the hell outta the lower. Also the bodies don't get gouged up to leave nicks inside the mag well/ lower. I sometimes don't have time to check all my mags during training during load ups so this makes me happy too. I Good luck.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #26

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

No worries Jeep - We do have Brownell's and Midway accounts. I even have a few coupons left over from SHOT good for 10% off at Brownells just for visiting the booth. *thumbs up*

I refrain from posting the shop price because you always have someone say "The Hell? I just went to the website and "X" product is more than you quoted" LOL

Money is a bit tight this month with the recent surgery, but will definitely order up a three pack come middle of July or first of August.

JD

Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #27
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
+1 on the Magpuls. I have a few and they're very good. I also have some HK SA80 mags which are outstanding, but those are not cheap!