AR-15 Mags - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 Mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

http://44mag.com

best place I've found lately, and always has them in.

Midway is also running an excellent special (or they were) on some that have the Magpul followers for $9.99 ea. That is a deal

Old 04-15-2008, 05:48 AM   #12

I agree with a few others I like the Bravo Company mags. I have 50 of them and have run them all multiple time with no flaws. The people they get them from are the same folks that Bushmaster uses. Same markings and supplier code. Just with Bravo Company floor plates.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

Have a good one!

Remember:
Plan for the worst, Hope for the best and if you land on your feet running life is good!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #13

Hey Dillinger, thanks for the link and info. Since you've had such good luck I'll pick up 3 and give em a try. Thanks again.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #14

I use and like both of these -

D&L Magazines

DSG Magazines

The truth is that you can't go wrong with either brand.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #15

yea, the magazine is the weakest part of the AR platform. they were originally intended to be disposable. HK makes a very high quality all steel magazine but they are expensive. magpul seems to have a good product. whatever you choose test fire all your new mags. also, number them so it's easier to track the ones that tend to malfunction. the ones that perform satisfactorily get tossed in your "go to war" pile. the ones that malfunction get tossed or used to practice malfunction drills. spray paint these training mags a bright color or mark them appropriately so as not to mix them up with your good stuff.

Last edited by coltm4; 06-02-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: grammer

Old 06-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_P View Post
Hey Dillinger, thanks for the link and info. Since you've had such good luck I'll pick up 3 and give em a try. Thanks again.
Glad to help. Let us know how they fair for you, but I haven't had any problems and even put a few rounds through them this past weekend, though the shooter was a little rusty.

JD

Old 06-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #17

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Are you guys talking strictly about aluminum or steel AR mags? I would like to know if the polymer mags are any good.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Are you guys talking strictly about aluminum or steel AR mags? I would like to know if the polymer mags are any good.
I have never personally fielded any. No one coming in the shop, from any of the Tac Teams or with police units, along with any of the military guys, are currently fielding polymer mags. Or at least they aren't in the hard and soft cases when they come in for repair or servicing.

That said, plastic will probably end up inheriting the Earth after we are all long gone, so maybe they are making some great mags and I just haven't been exposed to them yet.

I know that Magpul is turning out some polymer mags that have a clear, see through polymer window in the side so you can instantly know how you are doing on ammo. I was kind of wondering if they were any good, but at $15 a piece, that's a little spendy at the moment...

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 06-28-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
http://44mag.com

best place I've found lately, and always has them in.

Midway is also running an excellent special (or they were) on some that have the Magpul followers for $9.99 ea. That is a deal
44mag.com will also send "repair kits" to those of us in Cali. It allows us to "repair" our "old worn out" high cap mags that we're allowed to repair under California state law. The repair kit comes with one body, one follower, one spring and one floor plate.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
44mag.com will also send "repair kits" to those of us in Cali. It allows us to "repair" our "old worn out" high cap mags that we're allowed to repair under California state law. The repair kit comes with one body, one follower, one spring and one floor plate.
that's hilarious. will they send these "kits" to us patriots in the People's Republic of New York?