AR-15/M-4 Piston Coversion
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15/M-4 Piston Coversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR-15/M-4 Piston Coversion

Hi everyone. I've been in the army for a while and after handling and shooting GI M16s for years, I've come to the conclusion that the Stoner gas-operating-style-system is not something that I want in my personal AR-15.

I recently bought a new 16" YHM Spector Length Upper with YHM Diamond Forearm to install on my custom DPMS lower. And I'm wanting to install a piston system on this 5.56 upper. Does anyone know which specific piston system will fit this YHM upper and YHM forearm?

Thanks in advance!

"Inside every Iraqi there is an American screaming to get out!" - AN

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr300 View Post
Hi everyone. I've been in the army for a while and after handling and shooting GI M16s for years, I've come to the conclusion that the Stoner gas-operating-style-system is not something that I want in my personal AR-15.

I recently bought a new 16" YHM Spector Length Upper with YHM Diamond Forearm to install on my custom DPMS lower. And I'm wanting to install a piston system on this 5.56 upper. Does anyone know which specific piston system will fit this YHM upper and YHM forearm?

Thanks in advance!

"Inside every Iraqi there is an American screaming to get out!" - AN

Mr300,

Good question. I think you'll either have to email whoever you are buying the piston kit from to ask them directly, or email YHM and ask them which kits will fit their uppers.

Slo

Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #3

WILCO. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #4

Yeah, A YHM Tech e-mailed me that NONE of their forearms are compatible with the currently available piston conversion kits.

The gentleman that returned my e-mail said that YHM will not be producing forearms that are compatible with piston conversion kits for at least a year.

...sigh...

Old 03-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Unless you just definitely had to have one....you aren't missing too much. So maybe a year's wait will be worth it in the long run

Slo