AR-15 Lower availability - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

AR-15 Lower availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I no longer reccomend S&W anything to anyone, since I discovered that S&W screwed over a gun manufacturer here in AZ. They were paying him to manufactur their "new" line of M&P Ar's & S&W ordered a bunch of guns from him, only to fail to pay the bill at the last minute.
Hmmm, sounds like ONE side of the story. Considering how S&W always paid up on promotional materials with the store I used to work for, I'm thinking there's more to that story then you either know, or are letting on. A lot more. Sorry, but I think that's plain silly. S&W has always ponied up when needed to on any dealing I've ever had with them, and I've had many.

In fact, their warranty department is one of the best out there. I'm thinking you don't know the whole story around that situation. I'm wondering what S&W's claim against the company was, I'm sure there was one. S&W doesn't just ignore a legitimate bill of service and never has without a counter-claim in place.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
Hmmm, sounds like ONE side of the story. Considering how S&W always paid up on promotional materials with the store I used to work for, I'm thinking there's more to that story then you either know, or are letting on. A lot more. Sorry, but I think that's plain silly. S&W has always ponied up when needed to on any dealing I've ever had with them, and I've had many.

In fact, their warranty department is one of the best out there. I'm thinking you don't know the whole story around that situation. I'm wondering what S&W's claim against the company was, I'm sure there was one. S&W doesn't just ignore a legitimate bill of service and never has without a counter-claim in place.
I will agree with you on S&W warranty service. Unfortunately I have had more trouble with selling S&W newer guns & then having my customers bring them back, wanting them to work as promised. In fact if you count all the really cheap guns I sell:Cobra, Hi Point, Jimenez, Phoenix Arms, ect... You would find that the very small number of S&W I sell actually Need to be repaired way more often than all the afore mentioned "Cheap Guns" combined!
Sorry to be so down on what appears to be your favorite gun company, I just call it as I see it.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I will agree with you on S&W warranty service. Unfortunately I have had more trouble with selling S&W newer guns & then having my customers bring them back, wanting them to work as promised. In fact if you count all the really cheap guns I sell:Cobra, Hi Point, Jimenez, Phoenix Arms, ect... You would find that the very small number of S&W I sell actually Need to be repaired way more often than all the afore mentioned "Cheap Guns" combined!
Sorry to be so down on what appears to be your favorite gun company, I just call it as I see it.
Hardly my favorite, that's reserved for companies like KAC, Noveske, etc. Just a company I've had the opposite experience from you with. In fact, I've been treated far better by S&W then Colt, Armalite, and Bushmaster combined. Have you ever tried to get tech support from any of those companies? Colt's not as bad as the other 2, but Bushmaster is downright HORRID for supporting their own products. Try to get em to answer a question with a straight answer is like pulling teeth!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I must say Moshpit,
I have never yet needed customer service from Armalite, Bushmaster or Colt, but I am sure it is just a matter of time.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I must say Moshpit,
I have never yet needed customer service from Armalite, Bushmaster or Colt, but I am sure it is just a matter of time.
I have. Customer service tells me how willing a company is to stand behind their product.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #16

Liked 216 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Prices on pars & lowers have stabilized for the time being. The big buy season has officially ended and almost all the big places have parts in stock as opposed to being on back order.

While you probably can't build one for $700 like you could 2 years ago - the prices are not way out in left field currently if you shop around.

And it's always a good time to buy a new AR.
Can TOOOOOOO. I'm setting up a budget build for one being about 5-600, Including irons and magpul HGs/Foregrip but otherwise butt freaking stock.
just gotta shop around some

Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I haven't had a problem finding any parts for my build. I'm getting very close to finishing it and it's starting to get exciting.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #18

Liked 216 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I haven't had a problem finding any parts for my build. I'm getting very close to finishing it and it's starting to get exciting.
It's always exciting