AR 15 bumpfire stock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR 15 bumpfire stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 222 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 298

Default AR 15 bumpfire stock

Someone has probably already covered this, but I ran across a site that is producing an assembly which freefloats the receivers on the buttstock and pistol grip assembly that helps the user bumpfire the rifle straight.

Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock - Ships FREE - $349.95 : Military Gun Supply, SSAR-15, Parts Kits, Surplus Guns, And More!

Seems to me that is what the Atkins Accelerator did, and the inventer was originally told by the BATFEC that it was ok and didn't turn it into a machine gun until he had already produced a buttload of the devices, then later ruled it a machine gun, and not only told him to quit manufacturing the devices, but made him buy back the products he had already sold, driving him bankrupt.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

We had a nice thread going just a couple weeks ago over this devise . You can buy a decent complete upper from PSA for the price of this thing. Id rather have another upper.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

my opinion is its far cheaper to buy a real machine gun than risk the massive fine and ten years in prison based off an opinion of the atf that can change anytime.

the letter the slidefire guy has is not an official stance its just the opinion of a atf nfa examiner. this has no force of law. the atf has decided in the past that such devices violate the intent of machine gun law.

if you want to risk your freedom go for it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-27-2011, 04:03 AM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
We had a nice thread going just a couple weeks ago over this devise . You can buy a decent complete upper from PSA for the price of this thing. Id rather have another upper.
If it were my money I would buy the upper, and if I feel like wasting a bunch of ammo I would learn to bump fire.
If you put a light trigger in your AR it will help your long range accuracy & help you to bump.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Maybe I'm a stick in the mud but I don't see myself ever becoming proficient enough w/ my AR that I have time to play grab a*s w/ this thing. Fun/good range time to me is learning something or becoming faster/better at something that can be translated to the defensive world. I really enjoy watching my shot pattern shrink as my trigger pulls become quicker.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #6

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

No bump fire fan here either!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Can't afford the ammo anymore. I use to do it, but I wasn't as good as some guys. Maybe because the ammo went so high I couldn't afford to play as much.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #8

Bumpfiring is fun, but I am in agreement of most of the posters here; not worth the risk. The bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and condoms changes their opinions pretty often, and I don't want to be on the bad end of one of their doublecrosses.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
If it were my money I would buy the upper, and if I feel like wasting a bunch of ammo I would learn to bump fire.
If you put a light trigger in your AR it will help your long range accuracy & help you to bump.
Yeah, but you gotta admit wasting ammo is fun when you can afford it
In most cases a thick rubber band wrapped around the trigger to the mag does the same thing.
I was just thinking that you could wedge the position lever on the carbine open, then put a small section of buffer spring at the bottom before putting it back on and you will have the same if not better effect.

Last edited by fsted2a; 08-31-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
the letter the slidefire guy has is not an official stance its just the opinion of a atf nfa examiner. this has no force of law. the atf has decided in the past that such devices violate the intent of machine gun law.
Unfortunately, every thing you said is true.