AR 15 build almost done - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR 15 build almost done

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

ask him what he thinks of coating that side of the receiver with some marine grade poly? the stuff is tough as concrete and finishes clear, might be a way to protect the emblem?
Never thought of that. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

The ACS is a good stock. It's longer and heavier than the MOE and has a better cheek weld. Works better for heavier rifles, the MOE/CTR does better for LW and SBRs.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

The ACS is a nice stock. Check out the ACS-L and the STR. I like the L better than the regular and the STR works best for me. I've become fond of the MOE grip over the MIAD. The K grip was was to small but had a nice angle. Kinda like a 1911. The MOE + is nice.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

Oh great, I get an ACS and then they release the LW version.

1.6 oz, guess I can handle that...
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #15

Liked 339 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I have an ACS, it rattles. That dummy round just rattles around in the lower compartment its annoying . As for the 2 upper compartments......its noticebly heavier than my emod and ctr so....I don't wanna put anything in em. I honestly don't think Ill buy another ACS but the STR Looks mighty sexy, maybe a ACR-L. Honestly those storage compartments are kinda unecessary.

Imho the Moe + is the best magpul grip out there.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack
Ok, so I wrote this really long post and everything breaking my rifle down but it never posted. So I said F it and I'm just gonna post the pics and answer questions or comments later.

Btw if anyone has the Magpul ACS stock, the MIAD grip kit, or the new Magpul MOE rifle stock please enlighten me on them.
They are some bad ass skulls.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
I have an ACS, it rattles. That dummy round just rattles around in the lower compartment its annoying . As for the 2 upper compartments......its noticebly heavier than my emod and ctr so....I don't wanna put anything in em. I honestly don't think Ill buy another ACS but the STR Looks mighty sexy, maybe a ACR-L. Honestly those storage compartments are kinda unecessary.

Imho the Moe + is the best magpul grip out there.
I have the ACS-L on my rifle, it's nice. No rattle from the stock itself even without the friction lock engaged. I don't have anything in the compartment yet, trying to decide what the best use of space will be. It's super light, weighing almost as little as the MOE stock.

MOE stock: roughly half a pound
ACS-L empty: roughly 3/4 a pound

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3450 Times on 1667 Posts
Likes Given: 1738

Black Jack!

Now that is a nice AR! I notice you have KNS Anti-Rotate Hammer and Trigger Pins. They realy improve the trigger regardless of using them with a Standard Trigger, Single Stage Match Trigger, or Two Stage Trigger like the Rock Rivers! Nice Piece! Good Job!'

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy