AR-15 Accessory Stocking Stuffers?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > AR-15 Accessory Stocking Stuffers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default AR-15 Accessory Stocking Stuffers?

So I just purchased my very first AR-15 Today. I got a Colt LE6940 and am stoked for it to arrive.

I've been looking around and there is an overwhelming amount of different accessories to add to it...problem is I want them ALL, and don't know which ones are good.

In my experiences while shopping for which AR i wanted in the first place, i've come to realize that these days "good" is really just a relative term that has different meanings to different people, so instead of asking for "why do you think this is best" or something to that effect, id rather instead ask "what do you use?"

Don't even really need a "why" ... You're all obviously big gun enthusiasts as well, why else would you be here?

What im most interested in is a bayonet, optics, flash light, bi-pod, and really anything else that would look badass that I haven't thought of yet.

Any and all opinions 100% welcome.

P.S. if you could post where you typically purchase your items from, that'd be most appreciated. I usually use BudsGunShop and Cheaperthandirt.com ... but both of them seem to be lacking in 'available options'

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Magpul is great. So is sure fire and millet. I have all three products on my DD and love em. I usually get my stuff from cheaper than dirt. I have the rear stock, pistol grip, and diamond shape heat shroud with a broom handle on it. My light is a surefire x300. My optic is a millet 1.5-4x24 dms ir

Old 12-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Aimpoint Micro with a LaRue or KAC mount.....

Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Magpul is great. So is sure fire and millet. I have all three products on my DD and love em. I usually get my stuff from cheaper than dirt. I have the rear stock, pistol grip, and diamond shape heat shroud with a broom handle on it. My light is a surefire x300. My optic is a millet 1.5-4x24 dms ir
appreciate the response! Unfortunately "cheaperthandirt" (the guys I use a lot, too) is "sold out" of virtually all their AR15 gear.

sigh

Oh well, I guess it'll be a journey to add on to this awesome rifle.

It's all a Christmas present to myself...just very excited =)

Old 12-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Aimpoint Micro with a LaRue or KAC mount.....
I LOVE that sight you have for sale...but my wife would have my balls if i spent that much $$ after buying this rifle.

...and by "have my balls" i mean in a mason jar...not in a good way

Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Skip CTD.

Palmetto State Armory, DSG Arms, SKD Tactical, Aimsurplus, Primary Arms, Rainier ARms, and Bravo Company.

Im a fan of Aimpoint and EoTech micros. Smaller and lighter is the ticket in my book.

Bayo = not needed

Bipod = Larue/Harris combo anything but those grip-pods

Flashlight = Surefire is tops but I do have some from other manufacturers.

Cool is well, cool but unnecessary things are no help.

Last edited by mjkeat; 12-04-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

One of our Site Sponsors, Joe Bobs Outfitters has a wide variety of AR-15 accessories and does an outstanding job of shipping and service. Shipping is always free over $90 and since they are Veteran owned they offer a 5% discount to all Veterans. I buy almost all my AR stuff from them.

Here's a link:

AR-15 Parts Including Complete Uppers, Lowers, Lower Parts Kits, Triggers, Magazines, and much more!

I use CTD on the rare occasion, but Joe Bob's usually beats the CTD price all to to hell.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
One of our Site Sponsors, Joe Bobs Outfitters has a wide variety of AR-15 accessories and does an outstanding job of shipping and service. Shipping is always free over $90 and since they are Veteran owned they offer a 5% discount to all Veterans. I buy almost all my AR stuff from them.

Here's a link:

AR-15 Parts Including Complete Uppers, Lowers, Lower Parts Kits, Triggers, Magazines, and much more!

I use CTD on the rare occasion, but Joe Bob's usually beats the CTD price all to to hell.
Joe Bobs is a great place. I always forget about them (same state so I have to pay taxes).

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #9

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post

Here's a link:

+1 JoeBob's has been great on price and service everytime I have purchased from them so far...don't forget the free $50 tee-shirt with every order. Don't overlook our other vendors either, great bunch of guys that go above and beyond to make the deal right.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #10

Thanks for pointing out Joe Bobs...i love to support the community, so my money is going there!