Ar-15 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ar-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

1. All but 2 (Colt, DD) you mentioned has **** for resale for value.

You can re-sell ANY, repeat ANY, $600.00 AR a lot faster than a $1K AR. Bigger market in the 99%'r crowd. The 1% Club doesn't shop used too often.

2. You can find sub $1k Colts everywhere.

Absolutely, look hard and you will find SP6920s at a lot of places. Never said you couldn't. But...
If I had another spare $1K... I'd buy a SIG M400 made in free NH rather than prop up CT's anti-2A govt. Imagine a Colt employee that can't buy an SP6920?? 'eff CT.
SIG;
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/20746/sig-sauer-m400-2/

3. Why recommend a lower quality, more expensive rifle over one of better quality and lower price? It makes no sense.

Never said that, suggest look at what you paid, vs. what you think you might get for it 9months later when the 1% Club lays you off. Why would I buy your used Colt for $1K when I can buy a new Sport6920 at Buds or elsewhere for under $1K?
OTOH, your $600.00 Brand X would make a great trunk gun or project gun for me.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
1. All but 2 (Colt, DD) you mentioned has **** for resale for value.

You can re-sell ANY, repeat ANY, $600.00 AR a lot faster than a $1K AR. Bigger market in the 99%'r crowd. The 1% Club doesn't shop used too often.

2. You can find sub $1k Colts everywhere.

Absolutely, look hard and you will find SP6920s at a lot of places. Never said you couldn't. But...
If I had another spare $1K... I'd buy a SIG M400 made in free NH rather than prop up CT's anti-2A govt. Imagine a Colt employee that can't buy an SP6920?? 'eff CT.
SIG;
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/20746/sig-sauer-m400-2/

3. Why recommend a lower quality, more expensive rifle over one of better quality and lower price? It makes no sense.

Never said that, suggest look at what you paid, vs. what you think you might get for it 9months later when the 1% Club lays you off. Why would I buy your used Colt for $1K when I can buy a new Sport6920 at Buds or elsewhere for under $1K?
OTOH, your $600.00 Brand X would make a great trunk gun or project gun for me.
1. What brought you to that conclusion?

2. You don't have to look hard at all. The SIG is not the same quality as Colt.

3. The Colt will bring more return than a similarly priced SIG or $900 Walmart BM. Much more.

You're probably confusing the guys who bought up the LE Colts thinking they would never be made again and are now stuck trying to sell them after Colt decided to start making the LE models again. It helps to know all the factors when making claims.

My $475 BCM LW upper slapped on a $199 Noveske Gen II lower makes an aesome "truck" gun. Purchased on the "used market". You can find plenty "1%" firearms on the "used market". M4C.net give it a look.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

1. What brought you to that conclusion?

Because inexpensive guns sell, and sell fast.
There is a huge market of folks with wants and desires - and not enough money. If they can find happiness in a $600.00 used AR as a substitute for not owning ANY AR at all, then there it is. Chevy vs. Caddy - and there is a bigger market for Chebbies.

2. You don't have to look hard at all. The SIG is not the same quality as Colt.

Who knows, who cares; my ponys sit in the safe, braid each others hair, and swoon over "THE CHART". The SIG-USA products that I own and handled are fine with me. I personally will now take into consideration where the guns I buy are built. Small insignificant protest that it may be.

3. The Colt will bring more return than a similarly priced SIG or $900 Walmart BM. Much more.
You're probably confusing the guys who bought up the LE Colts thinking they would never be made again and are now stuck trying to sell them after Colt decided to start making the LE models again. It helps to know all the factors when making claims.
My $475 BCM LW upper slapped on a $199 Noveske Gen II lower makes an aesome "truck" gun. Purchased on the "used market". You can find plenty "1%" firearms on the "used market". M4C.net give it a look.

I'm sure the Colt will, sort of a shootable CD over the long run. But if I wanted to flip a gun FAST - I'd be able to flip a $500.00-$600.00 AR faster than a $1K AR; a bigger market of customers. And a factory build - certainly more acceptable to John Q. Public than some FrankenAR. The average JQPublic would think Noveske was the Polish dude that defended the Alamo from the Germans with Davey Boone and Daniel Crockett.
My texts in red.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #24

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Doesn't at least a portion of the money paid for a sig go to the home office in their home country?

How is that better than buying a gun where the tax money goes to Illinois, for example?

I'm American first, so if that were my criteria for buying firearms, I would buy one made in the most commie state in the USA before buying one that sends the profit overseas.

I'm just curious how you reconcile that?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #25

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Well I'm gambling that I won't have to sell my ARs so I did builds that lean toward the quality side. I know the average person would buy a DPMS off the rack over either of my used ARs if I had to sell. Worth the gamble I think.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Doesn't at least a portion of the money paid for a sig go to the home office in their home country?

How is that better than buying a gun where the tax money goes to Illinois, for example?

I'm American first, so if that were my criteria for buying firearms, I would buy one made in the most commie state in the USA before buying one that sends the profit overseas.

I'm just curious how you reconcile that?
Cause the state of NH honors the 2A, while CT, IL, CA, NY, NJ, MA for example do not. The working class dogs in the NH SIG plant that made my 522are paying taxes within a state that honors the Constitution. Can't say the same for the other states I listed, so why should I support the funding of states where their state .GOV could care less about the Constitutional rights of their own citizens?

It's 'effing amazing that most of the 13 original colonies that helped throw off England for LIBERTY, have - over time - become so freaking communistic and restrictive of personal liberties. Recall that it was Romneycare before it was Obamacare.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan

My texts in red.
Your point is?

I love you guys and your avoidance techniques. Nothing wrong with bring wrong or claiming to purchase an American made weapon that's roots are in another country.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #28

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:

Cause the state of NH honors the 2A, while CT, IL, CA, NY, NJ, MA for example do not. The working class dogs in the NH SIG plant that made my 522are paying taxes within a state that honors the Constitution. Can't say the same for the other states I listed, so why should I support the funding of states where their state .GOV could care less about the Constitutional rights of their own citizens?

It's 'effing amazing that most of the 13 original colonies that helped throw off England for LIBERTY, have - over time - become so freaking communistic and restrictive of personal liberties. Recall that it was Romneycare before it was Obamacare.
Oh, you'll get no argument from me on that front. It just seems that EVERY dime of what you spend goes to an American, even in those states you mentioned. As opposed to at least a portion of your money going to the Swiss (I think thats where sig originates).

Every dime goes to an American, except the tax money that is shipped off as foreign "aid", anyway.

I was just curious, that's all. Sorry for the thread jacking.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Your point is?

I love you guys and your avoidance techniques. Nothing wrong with bring wrong or claiming to purchase an American made weapon that's roots are in another country.
I made my points in my 1st post to the OP. No brand nonsense, just general thoughts. My thoughts. Ignore as desired.

As ANYONE who reads any of these "Which AR" posts on this forum can see - you are the effing jack-wad constantly dragging out ALL these "Which AR" posts to 18 pages of baiting and purse-fighting.

I don't give diddly jack squat what you think - or care - or think you know.

I think we know who the real Mr Loboto is on this board.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:

I made my points in my 1st post to the OP. No brand nonsense, just general thoughts. My thoughts. Ignore as desired.

As ANYONE who reads any of these "Which AR" posts on this forum can see - you are the effing jack-wad constantly dragging out ALL these "Which AR" posts to 18 pages of baiting and purse-fighting.

I don't give diddly jack squat what you think - or care - or think you know.

I think we know who the real Mr Loboto is on this board.
I have no problem being called names, I'm a big boy. What I do have a problem with is people spreading nonsense that could interfere with the purchase of an actual quality firearm in an open forum.

I will say I admire you for your imaginative vocabulary.

-John Ruskin

Quote: