Ar-15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ar-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Ar-15

What ar-15 do you guys suggest?? Best bang for your buck gun. I want a reliable and accurate gun but not one that breaks the bank. And if you say build one, what are you favorite parts

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #2

Del Ton by far one of the best new kids on the block and very affordable.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorRanger View Post
What ar-15 do you guys suggest?? Best bang for your buck gun. I want a reliable and accurate gun but not one that breaks the bank. And if you say build one, what are you favorite parts

Palmetto State Armory has a great kit or you can buy a complete rifle.

Lots of good discussion in the AR 15 section:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/

Read the threads on Delton, DPMS, Bushmaster, Rock River, Daniel Defense and other brands BEFORE you buy anything.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

http://www.JoeBobOutfitters.com/Palmetto_State_Armory_AR15_ORC_16_Chrome_Lined_5_p/gun-psam4-cl.htm. Just picked up this PSA from Joebobs with fast free shipping and got a 5% discount cause of FTF. All in all the rifle was 712 and some change and was delivered to my FFL in 3 days. I haven't shot it cause it was way too cold this past weekend but on the initial cleaning all parts were tight and it's a solid rifle.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #5

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Palmetto State Armory has a great kit or you can buy a complete rifle.

Lots of good discussion in the AR 15 section:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/

Read the threads on Delton, DPMS, Bushmaster, Rock River, Daniel Defense and other brands BEFORE you buy anything.
Palmetto is out of stock on complete rifles unless you intend on buying a rifle kit which is very easy to put together if you have a few tools , hammer, punch, needle nose , razor knife

JoeBobs has them in stock and my understanding this guy is super quick on shipping and a good guy to deal with , I personally havent dealt with him but I hear good things .

I own 2 of the palmettos and they are great rifles for the money and I have had zero issues in 2000 rds now .

Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #6

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Palmetto is out of stock on complete rifles unless you intend on buying a rifle kit which is very easy to put together if you have a few tools , hammer, punch, needle nose , razor knife

JoeBobs has them in stock and my understanding this guy is super quick on shipping and a good guy to deal with , I personally havent dealt with him but I hear good things .

I own 2 of the palmettos and they are great rifles for the money and I have had zero issues in 2000 rds now .
I have ordered from him and recommend him without reservation.

Been there and have the T-shirt - literally! (look for his T-shirts)

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 02-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The best VALUE in ARs is Daniel Defense. They are slightly over $1k but the qulity and included accessories are some of the best on the market. You get a lot for your money.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The best VALUE in ARs is Daniel Defense. They are slightly over $1k but the qulity and included accessories are some of the best on the market. You get a lot for your money.
Unless you're shooting at Camp Perry, a ready made AR-15 from RRA, Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, or a dozen others under $800 will serve you just as well as a Custom built Wilson, LM&T, POF, LaRue etc.

If you just want a shooter, that's accurate, reliable and rugged, you don't need to spend a ton of money on "cool factor."
or brand name snobbery.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #9

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorRanger View Post
What is your budget? "best bang for the buck" can vary depending on how many bucks you have as opposed to others.

To some, an LWRC is "best bang" as they got more bucks to spend than the guy who buys a Daniel Defense, or the really frugal who builds one up from a parts kits like from SARCO - http://www.sarcoinc.com/m16.html.

Pick a price point you can live with while still dealing with the responsibilities of having a "real life" and shop within those parameters accordingly.

Once you find the handful of ARs that meet your "money mark", research them independently via searches/readings and YouTube as opposed to blurting out "How's a _____________ for an AR?" - else you will absolutley drive out all the AR "experts" opinionating as to how you made a horrible decision, how to best spend your money, etc...

Something about "Which AR should I buy?" gunboard threads that start the endless multi-page slapfights we see in the AR world.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Danial Defense is a great rifle and so are the other makers everyone suggested but a affordable rifle last AR I built was a complete STAG I ordered the complete upper receiver from Midwest Industries 16inch flattop carbine with midwest railed hand guards and flip up rear sight for 675.00 they will give discounts for LE and military too I think I paid 625

Combat Corespondent