Anyone have a Bushmaster AR?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Anyone have a Bushmaster AR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Anyone have a Bushmaster AR?

I have a neighbor who is more into shotguns than rifles. He wants to trade his Bushmaster (he bought it used). I'm not sure. I have a couple of guns that I'd trade for it if he's interested, but I don't know anything about Bushmasters except that they are loud. I have an SKS for a fun gun, but the trend seems to be toward black guns, so I thought I might make the trade. What do you think? Thanks.

Dave

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

My Dad got one when the AR craze hit a year or two ago on an impulse. It shoots great, but has a fixed carry handle. It has since been replaced by other higher quality rifles for about the same price he paid for the Bushmaster.

If you can get it for a decent trade, go for it and if nothing else you'll have a good spare in the future.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2858 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Many of the ban era Bushmasters have an AK-74 type muzzle brake on them that is VERY LOUD!!!!! They are nearly impossible to remove without cutting metal. I believe they were at least silver soldered and perhaps blind pinned, too.

Overall good guns.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a Bushmaster V-Match that I wouldn't trade for two ARs. I just love that gun. She's a real shooter.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #5

Liked 355 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 292

I built my M-Forgery on Bushmaster receivers - does that count?
Much more fun than a SKS IMO.
(Far right)

As Robo stated - an AK-74 style muzzle brake is what makes any gun "loud", not the name on the side of the gun.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #6

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Dave, try to get a picture of that Bushmaster posted and list the model and features. I'm sure we could then help you figure out what it's worth. Right now it's hard to say - all we know is it's a Bushmaster.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have had a Bushmaster 16" M4 Optics Ready Carbine for about 3 years now. It has become my go to Rifle when I go calling Coyotes.

I have mine set up with a Bushnell Elite 3200 1.5x4.5x32mm Firefly Riflescope, JP Enterprises Adjustable Trigger (with Speed Hammer and Springs) and a Badger Tactical Charging Handle Latch (makes operating the charging handle with a scope much easier). I also swapped out the Plastic M4 Handguards for an Aluminum Free Float Tube (No rails just a round free float tube).

Previously I had a DPMS Panther Bull 20 Fluted and this Bushmaster has always seemed to be of better quality and better fit and finish that the DPMS I had. However last winter I added another AR to the battery, a new DPMS Panther Bull 20. This one is on par with the Bushmaster in regards to fit and finish and much better than the first one I had.

I had been totally pleased with my Bushmaster. Even with just the 4.5x Scope shooting from the bench it will print 5 shot groups at 100 yards of less than 1". Reliability has been perfect, and if I needed another one I'd buy another Bushmaster in a heartbeat.

Larry

Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Dave, try to get a picture of that Bushmaster posted and list the model and features. I'm sure we could then help you figure out what it's worth. Right now it's hard to say - all we know is it's a Bushmaster.
You said it Quentin. Bushmaster is just a name, like DPMS, Armalite or any other of the million makers in current production. They have varying levels of quality and features.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

He's been out of town this week so I haven't seen him or it. I am going to try to see him tonight. Don't want to rush him. He may figure out that I want it badly and jack the deal up! Ha! I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the info.

Dave

Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #10

yeah i have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4 and its a awesome rifle never had any problems with it and wouldn't trade it for nothing.

Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4, Smith & Wesson SW99, Walther P22.