anyone have any...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > anyone have any...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default anyone have any...

spare complete BCG's theyd be willin to sell for 150 bucks...... im in korea in the army and cant find em online for under 250 bucks and the ones that are decent priced are gone. any help would be very much apreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #2

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Pm "okdonk". I'm sure he can help you out. Might wanna check the "deals deals deals" thread frequently also. They're out there

Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

will do. thank you

Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #4

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

IIRC, ITAR restricts BCG export. Are you looking to get one stateside or out to Korea?

Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

in the states, guns are illegal in korea.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #6

Liked 1062 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate-soldier5 View Post
in the states, guns are illegal in korea.
When I was stationed in Korea (Camp Carroll 1968-69) soldiers over a certain rank, E5 I think, could go out in hunting parties. They kept their hunting rifles locked up in the armory and may even have kept firearms off post. Sadly, one weekend a Korean civilian was accidentally killed by a hunting party and a couple of those guys "disappeared" from our ranks. Very hush, hush and I never heard what happened to them. So it wouldn't surprise me that that practice isn't allowed today!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #7

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but IIRC hunting rifles and shotguns are allowed in korea, but you need to store them at the local police department and they must be signed out and signed back in.

And Q, I'm more than just a little curious as to how a sergeant can just disappear... on second thought, let's not go there.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #8

To the OP, honestly tho, just be patient. I'm sure in a couple months prices will be back to normal. Things are already starting to normalize. I'm sure by the time you get back stateside, you'd be able to get a quality BCG for $150.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 268 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 36

If you want one on the way right now, this is an outstanding BCG at a pretty fair price IMO. I have these in two of my rifles right now. I've also set my brother and a couple of friends up with this BCG. And everyone is absolutely elated. However they're $225 + shipping at this moment, which is up about $35-40 from a few months ago. But then everyone's prices have increased a bit. I guess that's to be expected, as a quality BCG was hard to come by and in severe demand even before the recent panic. That's what some folks don't realize. Before the panic, mags, lowers, uppers, and ammo were all easy enough to get at great prices. BCGs were not.

If I wanted one right now (no waiting lists or check your computer 29 times a day email alerts), that is exactly what I would buy. It is a truly outstanding BCG in my experience. I wouldn't hesitate to set one up in a high end rifle, or even a low end rifle...these things are slick as snot and make for a really smooth action. But if waiting for a better deal is a practical option for you, that might not be a bad idea. Prices will come down a bit in the coming months.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 268 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Furthermore RE: BCGs- I've seen most high end BCGs going for $200-300lately. And I've seen most crappy (even used crappy) BCGs going for the same price. That's nuts.

So the first piece of advice I'd offer, is that if you're going to spend north of $170, do your research and end up with quality in your hands. In other words...know what is and is not quality.

Closed Thread