Any interest for some 6.5 Grendel Barrels?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Any interest for some 6.5 Grendel Barrels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Any interest for some 6.5 Grendel Barrels?

I may be getting some custom 6.5 Grendel barrels soon and just wanted to gauge interest. Here are the Barrel details:

All Templar Custom Barrels are hand contoured and hand chambered custom barrels. Built to the highest standards and they exemplify superior craftsmanship and precision. Templar Custom Barrels are some of the most accurate barrels on the market. All of our barrels routinely test below MOA and are the barrel of choice for many top competitive shooters.
Currently we're running a limited number of Button Barrels, due to be complete and ship by the end of April 2014, in the following configurations:

6.5 Grendel:
1-8 twist 416 stainless steel
18 Medium contour with 5/8 x 24 thread
11* Target crown
Polished Stainless steel*

*Duracoat is available for an additional charge.

I do not have pricing yet, but retail looks to be $450 for a bare barrel ($550 including the bolt, gas block and tube)

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6789 Times on 3609 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Doesn't that round require modified magazines??
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-06-2014, 02:55 AM   #3

Liked 131 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I just happen to have a lower that is waiting for a 6.5 upper build so depending on price I might be interested

Old 03-06-2014, 03:46 AM   #4

Liked 1118 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I might be interested. That is a caliber I'd like to get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default Any interest for some 6.5 Grendel Barrels?

I already have an AR15 in 6.5 Grendel--and I highly recommend it. This is one of the calibers that works with an unmodified lower-- so you can set up a Grendel upper assembly, buy a magazine for this round, and you'll have a second rifle for just the cost of the upper. Then you can swap out your .223 upper in 30 seconds and you'll have a much harder hitting, flatter shooting round. Check out the ballistics of this round, it's very impressive, and the recoil is much less than a .308.

I was lucky enough to order mine before last year's panic, but since then Grendel-chambered barrels have been almost impossible to get. Jump on this one guys!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited by timothyj999; 03-09-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:29 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark View Post
I may be getting some custom 6.5 Grendel barrels soon and just wanted to gauge interest. Here are the Barrel details:

All Templar Custom Barrels are hand contoured and hand chambered custom barrels. Built to the highest standards and they exemplify superior craftsmanship and precision. Templar Custom Barrels are some of the most accurate barrels on the market. All of our barrels routinely test below MOA and are the barrel of choice for many top competitive shooters.
Currently we're running a limited number of Button Barrels, due to be complete and ship by the end of April 2014, in the following configurations:

6.5 Grendel:
1-8 twist 416 stainless steel
18 Medium contour with 5/8 x 24 thread
11* Target crown
Polished Stainless steel*

*Duracoat is available for an additional charge.

I do not have pricing yet, but retail looks to be $450 for a bare barrel ($550 including the bolt, gas block and tube)
I just got my BHW 264 LBC 20" bull barrel today which is the 6.5 Grendel by another name and it was around $350. Its S.S. target crown black finish so $450 sounds a little steep to me. Jon the mags are modified but J G Sales has 25 rounders for $9.95. I think its just a different follower. I'll get mine together next week.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis